M4 - parental functions problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-28 19:11:46
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

Parental functions work, but inconsistently.

In a kids profile there are 3 devices.
I can stop accessing the internet via the yellow "pause" button. That works, devices are blocked.

Granting internet access again the same way, the devices will stay blocked, or just sometimes get online after different amount of time.
As a workaround, in can remove the devices from the profile. That makes them able to the net in a moment.

If I want to block the devices again, I have to add the devices to the profile again, then block.

Another strange behavior:

Profile has net access with 3 devices.

All devices work flawlessly.
One device, an android phone, could be away for 1 week. On return, it does not have internet access.

The 2 other devices have access, as they don't move out of Wifi.

As a workaround, as above, the 3rd device (android phone) has to be removed from profile to instantly get net access.

If this phone is just out of wifi the usual timespans, when you are not at home, access is ok on getting back.

Thx for any hints.

Newest firmware, no problems with the decos and our network at all, except this.

I also tried searching here, set up the decos from scratch, new profile....

Options
2 Reply
Re:M4 - parental functions problems
2021-01-29 08:21:58

@passhedo 

Hi, thank you very much for your kind reply.

As for the internet pause feature, once the internet pause is de-activated, internet service would not recovered immediately;

--Did this happen to all the devices under the same profile, or just several devices?

--Were you able to reproduce the same issue every time?

For the second issue, I am a little confused.

Supposing we have created a parental control profile with 2 hours’ time limit for 3 devices (2 of the devices would still connected all the time, the 3rd device might be out of the Wi-Fi range for 5 days out of a week), every time if the 3rd device was out of Wi-Fi for several days, it would have no internet access when coming back;

Then if removing it from the profile, the internet service is recovered immediately?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:M4 - parental functions problems
2021-01-29 09:33:39

@TP-Link 

Thanks for you answer!

1st

> As for the internet pause feature, once the internet pause is de-activated, internet service would not recovered immediately;

Thats true, i am not presuming an immediate change of status.

Time for re-connecting varies from seconds to a minute or so. The problem is that sometimes its also never.

>--Did this happen to all the devices under the same profile, or just several devices?

all

>--Were you able to reproduce the same issue every time?

for an android phone yes.

2nd

>Supposing we have created a parental control profile with 2 hours’ time limit for 3 devices

No, the profile does not yet a time limit set, currently i use Pause/Unpause only.

>...the 3rd device might be out of the Wi-Fi range for 5 days out of a week), every time if the 3rd device was out of Wi-Fi for several days, it would have no internet access when coming back;

Yes, thats it.

>Then if removing it from the profile, the internet service is recovered immediately?

correct.

nealry immediately or after a while, it won't matter if the deco takes its time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 254

Replies: 2

Related Articles