TL-WA1201 multi-SSID unreliable/unusable

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: TL-WA1201
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 20200709 - Latest on your site

I bought your TL-WA1201 for multi-SSID, but it is so unreliable that it is useless. On your support chat they told me it's a known issue, but can't give me a fix date and cannot offer an alternative (apparently TL-WA1201 is the only AP you do that "supports" multi-SSID). If I need multi-SSID now, can you advise what options I have please?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-WA1201 multi-SSID unreliable/unusable-Solution

@Wizz 

Hi, thank you very much for your time and patience.

Here is the beta firmware to fix the unstable issue under the Muiti-SSID with VLAN tags:

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210104/TL-WA1201v2_210104.zip

please feel free to update here whether the beta firmware could fix your current issue or not;

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Replies
Re:TL-WA1201 multi-SSID unreliable/unusable-Solution

@Wizz 

Hi, thank you very much for your time and patience.

Here is the beta firmware to fix the unstable issue under the Muiti-SSID with VLAN tags:

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210104/TL-WA1201v2_210104.zip

please feel free to update here whether the beta firmware could fix your current issue or not;

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TL-WA1201 multi-SSID unreliable/unusable
2 weeks ago

@TP-Link Thank you. This does actually appear to improve the situation. If you or engineers need logs or further info from me, please let me know.

In the meantime, can I suggest that you make your chat agents and engineers aware. I spent over an hour on chat the other day and the agent was unaware of the issue, I insisted that she check with management and she said she'd check with an engineer who advised that a fix was being worked on but nothing available and no fix date. When I found a link to the beta you just sent me, the engineer apparently told the chat agent that it was for a different issue. I asked what other devices could be offered as a substitute and was told  that this is the only product you currently make for multi-SSID. When I asked how I could contact management, the agent cut me off crying

Options