What model to choose to have voip and mesh connectivity?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-21 18:01:06

Hi,

I would buy a 4g wifi router and I have 2 requests:

1) my home has different levels, so I need to cover it with the signal

2) I would delete the current subscription for the fix telephone to use the voip

I saw MR600 model but doesn't supporto Voip.

The model MR6500 instead doesn't support Mesh technology.

I thought to buy MR6500 and to use a simple wifi extender instead Mesh devices, but in my case I need at leat two of them.

The problem is that I can connect a wifi extender directly to the router, the second one instead I can't because it's too far from the router.

I should connect the second wifi extender to the first one, in a waterfall way. I don't know however if it's supported and if it works well.

Could you suggest me some solutions?

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:What model to choose to have voip and mesh connectivity?
2021-02-24 08:32:55

@ale10 

You are correct, the MR6500v doesn't support Onemesh, while the MR600 doesn't have VoIP.

We can use multiple extender together to extend the Wi-Fi range, while to ensure the performance, it is not suggested connecting them in a daisy chain, in this way, the last extenders will have the lower signal strength and speed. Instead, it is suggested to connect the extenders to the main router directly to extend the Wi-Fi range. 

Besides, there are some other network expansion devices, if your house is running under the same power circuit, the powerline adapters with Wi-Fi function may be a better choice. Check this for more details:

https://www.tp-link.com/powerline/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2021-02-25 15:27:20

@Kevin_Z Thanks very much!

On the basis of what you suggested, maybe I can't use neither wifi extender (the chain is not a good solution) nor powerlines (I think the different levels are in different circuits).

At this point I'm verifying the MR600 4g+ router that support One Mesh.

For the same reasons of the wifi extender in chain, I think I can't connect one mesh extenders in chain.

I was reading about Deco E4 Mesh to create a network without the problem of the chain. I don't know however if MR600 supports Deco devices.

In this case how can I connect them?

Thanks

Options
2021-02-26 07:14:41

@ale10 

Deco E4 can work with the MR600, they are compatible, while they will not join the same mesh network (this may not matter much I think). You may refer this for more details:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2690/  (Q4)

Options
2021-02-26 09:06:42

@Kevin_Z Hi, what do you mean for "while they will not join the same mesh network" ?

If I understood well reading online, if I buy for example MR600 router and 3 Deco E4, I have to connect by means of lan the router and one Deco device, then I can plug the other two Deco in other rooms. In this way I have a unique network.

Is it right?

Thanks

Options
2021-03-02 07:18:14

@ale10 

Hi,

Yes, they would work in that way and Deco would create a different wireless Mesh network from Archer MR600.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 832

Replies: 5