Only supports memory cards upto 32GB

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-17 16:52:08 - last edited 2021-03-17 17:10:48
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I tested my new Tapo c200 with different types of memory card with different sizes & file system. The camera only works with memory cards with FAT32 filesystem & a memory upto 32 GB. 

The company is giving false information to the users for sure. The camera definitely will not support upto 128GB. I tested it with 64 GB, 32 GB,16 GB Memory cards & 64GB Memory card with exFAT or NTFS didn't support. I changed the file system to FAT32 but still it doesn't support

Options
1 Reply
Re:Only supports memory cards upto 32GB
2021-03-18 08:59:38 - last edited 2021-03-18 09:00:36

@Manu93 Hello,

The Tapo camera supports a microSD card which up to 128GB capacity, which should be formatted in FAT32.  After insert a SD card, camera will give " problem with SD card" voice warning, its normal, just click on " Format “ button on Tapo APP and format the SD card.

If after you click on " Format " button, camera still report an Error, please share us a photo of the Error on app, thank you!

If your 64G SD card does not work properly on camera, we will need to confirm some details and try to help you out.

• Please ensure your camera firmware and app version are up-to-date first.
  • Insert SD card into a computer with an SD card reader. Check if the SD card can be recognized by the computer. If the SD card could be recognized by the computer:
  • Test and verify the card with third-party software such as H2testW with the instruction here and share us the screenshot of the result.
  • ( fake capacity expanded card will trigger an Error).

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2592/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1611

Replies: 1

Related Articles