Network is always congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app

Network is always congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app

58 Reply
Re:Network aways congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app
2022-07-31 20:52:03

I have three X20 and two M4, all connected with ethernet cables.

I have like 40 zigbee devices (2.4Ghz) and my Deco app is always showing congestion, even after optimization.

Also I am unable to change channels on Deco units... why is this feature not available?

Options
Re:Network aways congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app
2022-08-09 06:07:33

@AlexMostovoy 

You can download and there would be a zip file. The instruction and firmware are inside the zip file.

Options
2022-08-09 06:23:33

@Filipko 

As far as I know, the ZigBee device could not be detected on network optimization. Do you know which 2.4g channel has the congest problem? Do you still have problems after updating the new beta?

Options
2022-08-26 08:51:02

@brooklyn27 

You could have a look at this link and sometimes it is not always right when Network Optimization reported a congested network, especially when there isn't an obvious performance issue.

And on this link, there is also a beta firmware for M5 that supports automatically optimizing the network and you can test whether it helped with you current situation.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-26 17:16:21

@David-TP 

What link?

Options
2022-08-29 07:53:31

@TP-Link X90 has the same issue, TP-Link was notified 6 months ago.

The network is never stable. No updates since then which solve the issue.

Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options
2022-08-31 08:40:44 - last edited 2022-08-31 09:17:35

@TP-Link 

Hi,

1. Deco X20-4G (firmware 1.0.5 20210708) and Deco M4 (1.5.4 20220712 Beta)
2. 4 nodes

3. Always arround 30 devices (lot of IoT devices)
4. Frequent drops in performance. Using the Network optimization feature always significantly improve the situation  but the app still shows the status "to be optimized" immediately afterwards. My family always keeping complain about the wifi network.

A little video showing the problem:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgMSE8_yFpDPhNxSYVxSRzfRfKkMsA

Options
2022-08-31 08:54:16

Same situation for me but Network optimisation mostly does show "perfect" after optimisation. Network then works for some hours or days but it there will be issues again. Mostly after some hours. 

I contacted support multiple times but they never confirmed any problem. Always giving standard advices that do not help or are not even related to the issues. 

My 2 Decos work in AP mode with beta firmware which never fixed the issues or made it any better. 

I also see that deco is always using same channel 36 for 5 GHz. never changing it. There is less interference. only one or two other 5 ghz networks (much more in 2,4 ghz). Even the traffic is mostly -70db or less, I would expect deco to change to a exclusive channel. 

I also have ethernet backhaul. unfortunately deco still have WiFi backhaul as fallback active. why that? when ethernet fails I have more trouble than deco not connecting... would like to disable completely. or even use as additional/multitasking mimo channel (if that is possible). 

Options
2022-09-14 02:13:15

@TP-Link 

I have 3 x S4 devices and currently on 1.5.1 Build 20220113 Rel. 42007. I am having the similar issue. Is there a BETA FW for S4 to fix this issue. 

Options
2022-09-17 22:42:22

@TP-Link 

Deco S4(US)_V2_1.5.1_220113

Published Date: 2022-01-29

When I got the product I did not check the version of firmware it had. Everything used to work as expected. Since I upgraded the firmware to latest (version mentioned above), the Network Analyzer is always changing the channels and my internet becomes slow. I used to get 100+MBS. Now I am close to 27MPBS. Also most of the devices disconnect. It is really frustrating. 

I got the product from Amazon and I missed the return window as it used to work well before the upgrade. Is there any BETA version to address the Netwrok Analyzer issue that you had it for other products. 

I did request the same few days back and there is no response from you so far. 

Do I have to continue to deal with the issues, Is there a way we can return the item. I can not deal of this on every day basis. LET me know ASAP.

Options

Tags

Official Highlighted Thread
Network Optimization