Network is always congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app

Network is always congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app

58 Reply
Re:Network aways congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app
2022-09-22 12:00:59

@dmvr2503 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

I would like to follow up on your case by email. Please check whether you have got an email from me.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Network aways congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app
2022-09-22 14:13:17

@TP-Link 

Thanks for getting back to me. I figured out the actual issue I am having. It looks it is not with Network Optimization on my DECO. Looks I have set data limits expecting to be applied in different way than intended. 

After removing those limits completely everything working as expected. 

Options
2022-09-24 08:51:21

@David-TP 

same issue - 6 x M5

i posted about this and it's not appearing here. Was my post deleted ?

why isn't there an official release to resolve? This is ongoing for nearly two years

i would like to return my m5s and change to Eero mesh , this isn't accept

Options
2022-09-28 11:41:33

@David-TP 

Options
2022-11-01 19:54:55 - last edited 2022-11-04 16:09:43

@TP-Link 

1. The model of the Deco device
M9 Plus
2. The number of the Deco nodes
3. The number of connected client devices
17 devices
4. Detailed issue description

Recently, about two or three weeks ago I upgraded to 1 gig home internet. I had to switch my router for the new service and that is when the problem started. I have the same internet provider, just upgraded the speeds. I have 2 networks as it is easier to manage priority devices and smart home devices on separate networks. I already had 2 separate networks before upgrading my internet and that was working perfectly fine without issues. When the new router was installed, the Deco mesh system just needed a reboot and it started working again. However, a couple of days after the devices connected to the Deco system started misbehaving so I decided to look at the app. Basically to fix the issues of devices disconnecting or being "connected to the network without internet" I had to reboot all 3 of my Deco devices and then do a network optimization inside the app 2-3 times a day. I tried to reset the Deco devices and recreate my network but the problem still persists. I turned off Fast Roaming and Beam roaming without having any effect on the issue. I can't find any other helpful resources.

Options
2023-04-28 04:34:48

@TP-Link Can I use the M4 beta firmware for Deco M4R? 

I'm having similar problems: 

- Areas in the house recently having dropped/slow connections whereas up til about 3 months ago, there were no such issues in the area. 

- Connection will be reset and stable once i perform a Network Optimisation 

- This can happen at least 4-5 times in the span of 2-3 hours

*Connection is fine when tested on phone wifi near the deco unit. 
**There has been no change in the setup of the wifi before this issue started

Would the beta firmware update solve the issue? 

Options
Re:[Solution] Network aways congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app
2024-01-13 03:38:52

@TP-Link 

Please implement the automatic 'Network Optimisation'. 

You have already implemented automatic 'Reboot'

The reason this is so important to everyone who owns a Deco is a lot of people live around heavily congested areas, like apartment blocks. Manual optimization just isn't good enough and certain devices 'drop off' the network

I recently got a XE200 and its wonderful but there are about 30+ networks around me and the app keeps telling me that all 3 bands are heavily congested

PLEASE accept this request, most other brands do network optimization on the 'backend' without it even being a feature, automatic detection of congestion is done in real-time and fixed in real time. How is it Netgear, Ubiquiti, Asus & D-Link already have this feature and you don't?

Why would someone spend almost $3000 on a BE900 and find out that the network optimization is just not there?

Options
Re:[Solution] Network aways congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app
2024-03-16 19:07:24

@I912900K 

Deco X10

One satellite connected via Ethernet has frequently  reduced bandwidth. Once optimized, the speed goes back to normal. Needs to be done daily. Please advise

Options

Tags

Official Highlighted Thread
Network Optimization
Related Articles