Powerline Extender Acting as the DHCP server

Powerline Extender Acting as the DHCP server

200 Reply
Re:[Troubleshooting] Powerline Extender Acting as the DHCP server
2023-01-10 10:46:03

Hi there   @Luke6791 

Tl-WA7517 V1  EU version new firmware has been released , check link here on the global website. 

O  please see if the URL of firmware in the marked solution of this thread works for  you. 

Options
2023-01-10 15:34:59

@Solla-topee I have the US version and hardware V2, which is not listed in the solution. 

Options
2023-01-10 16:18:54 - last edited 2023-01-11 00:50:32

@Solla-topee the download is not available on the Canadian website:

https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/download/tl-wpa7517-kit/v2/#Firmware

Thanks I went ahead and grabbed it from the US, unfortunately the firmware will not install.

"Failed to upgrade the firmware. Please check the configuration file and try again."

tpPLC:

☹️ Update failed 

The MD5 Hash I am seeing for the downloaded BIN is:

EDAAA6CB60E02766C7B930902C9AA86C

Options
2023-01-11 07:56:29

@glate 

Thank you for all the case details, can you start a New Thread for firmware updated failed.

Please double check the label of your device and see if it is of (US) or other country version, please share a photo in your new thread. 

Please try to turn off the Windows Firewall or antivirus software when update the firmware. 

Options
2023-01-12 21:38:56
new post created here - https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/595458 Very tempted to take this thing back and never buy another tp-link product.
Options
2023-03-11 16:44:35

@glate 

None of the so call 'fixes' work as far as curing the DHCP problem that blights y the home network when you install one of these TP link devices.

Years of promises and more promises and delays and then so called firmware updates ... nothing stops them causing your home network to keep dropping out.

the BS about fixing the IP address in the powerline device is A Grade BS too....  

Just advise people never to buy TP link kit.   I have £200 worth of their garbage here that is useless so avoid it at all costs.

Options
2023-03-13 17:41:31

@PC_60 not sure why you reply to me but the latest firmware resolved all of the issues with my device. Works perfectly now. Just needed the 'disable DHCP' option.

Options
Re:Powerline Extender Acting as the DHCP server
2023-05-22 11:08:25

@Solla-topee I got a TL-WPA7510 v1. I don´t have the option to disable it´s dhcp server and the thing is killing my whole homenet. 
Please release a firmwarefix for that model too.
Just a button to disable it´s dhcp is fine.

It even shows in the log that it starts the thing at every boot. 

Options
2023-05-23 07:49:39

@luckystrikes 

Hi, do you mean your TL-WPA7510 v1 doesn't work at all at this moment, or it works but stops working after your router reboots?

And did you check the IP address on the client devices to confirm if the IP address is assigned by the TL-WPA7510 v1?

Please also provide us your network topology and LED status on your powerline devices.

Options
2023-05-24 20:59:46

@Sunshine 

####################################################################
 TL-WPA7510 system log 
 H-Ver = TL-WPA7510 v1.0 : S-Ver = 1.0.6 Build 20181212 Rel.40856 
####################################################################
0 days 00:00:04      OTHERS     INFO    System started. 
0 days 00:00:05      WIFI-SCHEDULES   INFO    Wifi schedules enabled. 
0 days 00:00:05      LED-SCHEDULES   INFO    Led schedules enabled. 
0 days 00:00:05      WIFI-MOVE   INFO    Wi-Fi Move start. 
0 days 00:00:24      DHCPS      INFO    DHCP server started 
0 days 00:00:27      MAC-FILTER   INFO    Access control disabled. 
0 days 00:00:27      PARENTAL-CONTROLS   INFO    Parental control disabled. 

In the log you can see it is starting the DHCP but it won´t shut down.

If I set static IP i can use the Network of the Powerline device just fine but that rouge DHCP of the Powerline just nukes connection for every autoassigned device.

Fix is simple, add a toggle to the control of that device so i can shut that thing down. But yeha i can´t and it´s not turning off automagically...

No restarting obv. doesn´t help. My Router is already up, after power outage I manually disconnect the repeater ´cause of that rouge dhcp. That used to work fine but now powerline device is just not turning off the DHCP at all...

Topology for that Powerline:

Injector plugged into the Router and the wall. Wifi part of Powerline set plugged into other outlet. 

Yeha the TL set´s itself as default Gateway so i am pretty damn sure it´s the TL fcking up my network. Other confirmation?: None of these errors happens if I just do not connect the TL-WPA to the power... but sadly i ain´t got wifi then. 

I got some devices which i can´t assign a static adress. 

Only option is to add a damn user control to that device and just let me turn of the useless dhcp in the powerline thing.

Options
Related Articles