Deco M4 LED turns solid red in AP mode and no internet in connected client devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 LED turns solid red in AP mode and no internet in connected client devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-30 17:41:11 - last edited 2021-05-31 09:02:01
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20200714 Rel. 47859

My router model is Deco M4 for Bangladesh region.

Info about the router is:

Model M4R US (2.0). Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20200714 Rel. 47859.

This model/firmware has some problem. Especially in Access point mode, as explained below:

In my case, the Deco M4 is connected as Access Point with the Asus router (Asus RT-AC68U). Now when the Asus is re-started for some reason, the Deco white LED turns solid red and never recovers to normal white light mode. Deco Access Point can not get internet and all connected client devices are without internet. The only solution is to restart the Deco. When restarted, after 1 minute or so, Deco goes to normal (white light) and all client devices get internet.

Please note, I need to use Deco as AP mode currently because I have connected an online storage device with the USB port of the Asus router. I do need file sharing with that USB drive (until I get a NAS device). 

Can one let me know how can I solve the above RED LIGHT problem of the Deco device?

Thanks.

Prof. A.H.M. Asadul Huq,

Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M4 LED turns red in AP mode and no internet in connected client devices
2021-05-31 02:09:20

@AsadulHuq 

Thank you very much for your feedback.

It might be related to the smart DHCP feature on the Deco M4 and I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. When Deco is red, could you please check the IP settings on the client when it is connected to Deco M4 to see what is the IP address and gateway?

2. Please log into the web UI via http://tplinkdeco.net and help me save the system log;

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-05-31 09:42:08

@TP-Link 

TP-Link wrote

@AsadulHuq 

Thank you very much for your feedback.

It might be related to the smart DHCP feature on the Deco M4 and I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. When Deco is red, could you please check the IP settings on the client when it is connected to Deco M4 to see what is the IP address and gateway?

2. Please log into the web UI via http://tplinkdeco.net and help me save the system log;

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Please see images and the log file. See logfile content at 31-May-2021. Thanks. 

File:
log-2021-05-31.logDownload
Options
2021-06-01 01:10:29

@AsadulHuq 

Thank you very much and I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance;

Please have a check of your email box later.

By the way,except the IP address of Deco units, how about the IP address and gateway on your smartphone or computer when they are connected to the red disconnected Deco ;

Options
2021-06-01 02:48:48 - last edited 2021-06-01 02:54:45

TP-Link wrote

@AsadulHuq 

Thank you very much and I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance;

Please have a check of your email box later.

By the way,except the IP address of Deco units, how about the IP address and gateway on your smartphone or computer when they are connected to the red disconnected Deco ;

@TP-Link 

Sorry, I attached incorrect screenshots. Now I am attaching correct screenshots from my Galaxy S8 Wifi settings. Please note one screenshot (1st) is taken for Solid Red case, hence no internet on clent device. The other is for white LED case. Also note that the Deco is in Access Point mode. So, there is no subnet mask or gateway ip (router ip) is shown here. It is suspicions to note that the ip addresses are different in 2 cases.

Options
Re:Deco M4 LED turns solid red in AP mode and no internet in connected client devices
2022-01-13 14:57:52

Hi @AsadulHuq ,

Was a solution found for this?

We are having the same issue with the X20?

regards

Shaun

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1656

Replies: 5