Votes

Create a OneMesh™ network between two routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-03 02:41:31 - last edited 2023-10-18 05:33:57
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I wish two routers can be configured to be in OneMesh. I use the Router at office space and also at home. Lot easier when I can reuse my office router along with home router, and swap them if required.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Create a OneMesh™ network between two routers-Solution
2021-08-09 11:54:14 - last edited 2022-08-23 11:52:10

@radiomic 

Hi, please check the answers here:

Onemesh between two routers

Please be aware there will be a new feature called EasyMesh added to the TP-Link routers and range extenders, which will allow you to build a mesh network between two routers wirelessly.

Please visit the following thread to know more about how EasyMesh will work, leave your comments there if you have further inquiries:

EasyMesh Networking: Build Wireless Backhaul between Routers and Range Extenders

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:Create a OneMesh™ network between two routers
2021-07-28 19:00:41

@ShivaShankar Same wish here! I have a C80 and a new AX73. Really misunderstood the oneMesh thing and thought the (older) C80 could be a mesh station, linked to the AX73.

Options
Re:Create a OneMesh™ network between two routers-Solution
2021-08-09 11:54:14 - last edited 2022-08-23 11:52:10

@radiomic 

Hi, please check the answers here:

Onemesh between two routers

Please be aware there will be a new feature called EasyMesh added to the TP-Link routers and range extenders, which will allow you to build a mesh network between two routers wirelessly.

Please visit the following thread to know more about how EasyMesh will work, leave your comments there if you have further inquiries:

EasyMesh Networking: Build Wireless Backhaul between Routers and Range Extenders

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-08-11 19:56:04

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, the specific mentioning of two router with OneMesh being compatible with each other I have not seen. But the advertisements tell "Combine one or more OneMesh devices to create.... etc.". This insinuates that ANY two devices can combine to create a mesh network. However, this is not the case as it turns out. The advertisement would be less false if it told you can add an RE device to a router, and if they both support OneMesh it will be able to create a seamless experience (including roaming and what not...).

cheers 

Options
2021-08-12 06:15:52

@radiomic 

Thank you very much for your clarification. We can confirm here that the Onemesh routers can only build up the Onemesh network with the Onemesh extenders or powerline extenders, two routers cannot join the same Onemesh network.sad

BTW, I also reviewed the advertisements on the TP-Link website about Onemesh, I cannot find the information like "Combine one or more OneMesh devices to create.... etc." Can you please kindly point it out? We will check.

Options
2021-09-17 19:41:33

@Kevin_Z 

Please see this webpage below (in polish language sorry ;)

What you can see here, is a one mesh Network, with many devices (including many routers) with statement, that you can have it all working.

It's misleading.

I also bought tplink router (2nd one) assuming I can create onemesh with the old one (one mesh compatibile). I was so surprised, that I cannot create, what is shown on this picture. And it seems I'm not the only one :-/

I could understand, if you would have 1 router and many repeaters there... but you have many routers there.

Options
2021-09-18 01:14:56

@Yari 

Thank you very much for pointing out what makes you confused and considered that two Onemesh routers can build up a Onemesh network, apparently, they are not, at least not now. We have reported this to the web admin, they will see how to improve it.

We actually tried to make it clear on the bottom of the Onemesh page that OneMesh™ router can only be combined with OneMesh™ RE or OneMesh™ PLC to build Mesh networks in Q5/A5. If you scroll down the page, you will see it.

Options
2021-09-28 21:31:38

It is not ok the way you are advertising this feature. It is misleading and if someone sues you, it can easily win it, at least in Europe.

I bought two routers because where I could place the access point I also need a cable connection and wanted to avoid adding a switch. 
Please add this basic feature. 
Thanks. 

Options
2021-10-05 03:30:26 - last edited 2021-10-05 03:38:24

@Kevin_Z 

Yes Kevin from TP-Link there are a couple blatant misleading pictures and statements that show that another TP-Link router can be used as a mesh member.

The images all over the onemesh page to this day still depict multiple routers with other routers and extenders swirling around each other.

Plus there is text that states:

"Without replacing your existing devices or buying a whole new Wi-Fi ecosystem, OneMesh™ helps you create a more flexible and cost-effective network that covers your entire home with TP-Link’s OneMesh™ products."

which is misleading as it states "onemesh products" of which a onemesh router is a part of. Yah it's been modified now to add in some areas of the body and the faq that it's only extenders and power line devices that can be added as mesh members but the very first quoted sentence which shows up at the very first line of the onemesh description site is still misinformation, borderline disinformation.

Also stop wasting all ur time trying to find all the descriptions and articles and change them and instead spend that energy just fixing the problem by modifying the protocol software, which really would not be that difficult.

This is even worse and more misleading than the whole long distance wi-fi CPE710 issue where they r the only product in the pharos  line that do not support the maxtream TDMA option and it's not listed anywhere in the product discriotion or included documentation except for one obscure piece of product literature that no one would ever download from the support website.

Your customers are screaming out to u TP-Link all over this thread and multiple other threads and even other forums, just add the ability for wired backhaul and allow routers to be used as mesh members in onemesh! Listen to what ur customers are saying!

Problem solved.

Options
2022-03-14 16:19:06

@Kevin_Z Like many, it would be great to setup two routers in mesh. I did run across a tp-link produced video on youTube that doesn't specifically say that two routers method isn't currently offered. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DvY9TDiRWs 

Thanks Ken

Options
2022-06-20 14:45:38

@Kevin_Z 

i bought a AX6600 and 2 units ax1800 because i saw tp link website says one mesh system in all one mesh devices. when i click on the one devices, one would automatically thinks that all devices in compatible to have one mesh system to each other. In the Q&A, no such question is post. now i wasted so much money on the routers and lose confidence in tp link. Going to switch to ASUS from now on. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 13

Views: 9451

Replies: 11

Voters 11

+ 7 Voters