No connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No connection
No connection
2021-06-03 17:56:14
Model: Archer A2  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: abc123

This relates to an Archer MR200 which I was unable to select from the dropdown list

I've been using my 4G router for about six weeks now, and find it very temperamental. Sometimes it works for days on end, but sometimes it simply refuses to connect. I haven't seen any pattern, and have tried three different SIMS, none of which act consistantly. Sometimes they connect and stay connect for hours or even several days. Sometimes they connect and disconnect soon afterwards. Sometimes they refuse to connect altogether for days on end. This is with different SIMS.

Is there any way to turn on a logfile which would monitor what is happening?  

Options
9 Reply
Re:No connection
2021-06-04 09:26:21

@balangaman 

Hi, MR200 is available:

If the 4G connection is not stable on the router, please refer to this thread to do some basic troubleshooting:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/265474

Options
2021-06-05 07:23:23
I looked at the link but it is very difficult to try and apply in my case because the 'no connection' problem does not follow any pattern I can spot. At the moment the link has been up for a few days. When there is 'no connection' it can happen on any of three SIMs so you can discount any problem with the card itself, unless of course it is related to the micro to nano adapter where the card is not ideally mounted, What I was hoping for was something like a log file which would record any disconnection or non connection to see where the fault actually lies. As for when there is a disconnection, is there any way to make the router automatically retry connecting
Options
2021-06-06 05:40:31
These are the only models shown in the selection box for model. You can't pick mr200 from the list, you have to write it in yourself which isn't very intuitive. AC50 AC500 AD7200 Adapter AP200 AP300 AP500 Archer A10 Archer A2 Archer A20
Options
2021-06-07 07:48:43
I lost connection today after several days of being continuously connected. After logging into the GUI it show status as disconnected and 'no sim card' resent. Fortunately after a reboot via the GUI the router came back up and the connection resumed. I did not eject and re-insert the SIM and have no idea why it suddenly disconnected.
Options
2021-06-08 15:28:53
Today has been awful. Disconnections seem to occur within a matter of minutes after connecting. I have tried two different SIMs but am unable to detect any difference\ . If there is a disconnection is there any way to determine what has caused this? I understand I can telnet into the device, but am not aware of what I can do once logged in. Is there a logfile I can try and access? Is there a list of commands which are available? Also I read somewhere that someone produced a logfile. How can I find one?
Options
2021-06-09 03:43:49

@balangaman 

Hi, just noticed that you replied to this thread already. It is strongly suggested discussing the same issue on the same thread, DON'T create too many topics or thread for the same specific issue.

As per your description, if this disconnect issue happens with all three SIM cards, and it sometimes displays a disconnect error, we recommend reaching out to the local tech support, so they can work with you in looking into the issue further or help with the replacement.

Options
2021-06-09 07:06:40
Actually the threads were about different issues. Originally I thought the problem was related to my SIM card hence the thread about 'SIM card not detected', it was only after I had got used to the 'foibles' of the unit that I realised this was a generic error msg which did not really have anything to do with the problem, hence a new thread about 'No connection' which more accurately describes the problem.
Options
2021-06-09 07:19:22

@balangaman 

Thank you very much for your kind explanation. I understand it now. Please also make sure you are tagging a TP-Link Admin if you want a timely response. Unless we are tagged, we do not see that new responses have been added. We do not subscribe to every thread so rely on Tagging to ensure responses.

We would like to escalate the case to the support engineers, they will check if this is a hardware issue or a firmware issue, they will suggest later.

Options
2021-06-10 19:41:25

@Kevin_Z 

How do I tag a TP-Link admin?

I got an email from support which I replied to. How long should I expect to get a response to my reply?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 528

Replies: 9

Related Articles