Question 1: Is this device on the latest firmware?
Powerline: TP-Link TL-PA8010P KIT
Support page: Support Page (MY)
Current firmware as shown in PLC Utility: 18.104.22.168-02_801133_200717_902
1) Firmware version shown by the PLC utility has no similarity to the description in website.
2) After downloading & unzip the firmware from website, the filename of the firmware has no similarity too
3) Can't compare which is newer firmware
Q2: Rgd QOS - i do not want to prioritize/de-prioritize any traffic (our usage is very mixed)
1) There is no option to turn off QOS
2) Which option is the best for mixed usage? "Internet" i presume
3) If correctly so, what traffic is prioritized/de-prioritized under "internet'?
Q3: Other feedback
The connection speed build-up seem to be in stages (speedtest.net)
- The speed rises to 100Mbps and stays there for a few seconds.
- Then goes to 150Mbps and stay a few seconds.
- Then finally all the way up to max (150-180Mbps for my scenario which is )
- Direct LAN to router without powerline - almost immediately to max speed 400mbps
The link rate appears to be stable but the actual speed dropped since installation
- 580Mbps to 640Mbps reported in tpPLC
- After installation, actual max speed 240Mbps
- Few hrs later, 180Mbps
- Now (and pretty consistently), (150-180Mbps)