AX50 compatibility with Sky FTTP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-25 11:21:42
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 200708

I have purchased this router to replace my Sky Hub. I have Openreach Fibre to the Premises and an Openreach ONT box. 

It seems no matter what combination of settings I try, the internet just doesn't connect. I have gone through everything the Sky community can suggest without luck. To the point that they're saying the router is not compatible with Sky. 

It is telling that other TP-Link routers specifically mention Sky as an ISP option you can select when setting up, but the AX50 does not have Sky listed in its ISP list. Is there a reason for this omission? Will a new firmware be released soon with Sky added to the list of supported ISP's?

There is definitely a growing number of people who have purchased the AX50 on the Sky community who are now returning them and swapping to a competitor product because of this. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX50 compatibility with Sky FTTP
2021-12-23 08:02:28

@DaveWils 

Hello, do you mean you want to connect the AX50 to the Openreach ONT box? Before doing that, please confirm if you can get internet access by connecting a computer directly to the Openreach ONT box. If yes, then you can connect the AX50 to the Openreach ONT box to connect it to the internet.

If the Openreach ONT box was connecting to the Sky hub previously and you cannot access the internet without the Sky hub, then the AX50 will not work either.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 789

Replies: 1

Related Articles