PS4 Lan cable not connected issue with RE505X

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-27 17:14:19
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So, this all started about 2 weeks ago. As per usual I started up my PS4 and opened up Netflix. About 20 minutes in, "Lan cable not connected" pops up. This message pops up 2-4 time in 30 seconds and then everything appears to work, but repeats after 15-90 minutes. This makes me unable to play online games reliably. I have tried a factory reset on the extender, rebuilding the PS4 database, switching the cable, switching the network type to WLAN (when I did this the issue happened again but only replaced by "No internet connection" or something to that extent) and moving the router closer to the modem, but nothing works. The PS4 works perfectly if it's connected to the modem itself. Is there any advice you could give me, or is the product broken?

Options
2 Reply
Re:PS4 Lan cable not connected issue with RE505X
2021-06-28 06:44:13

@Akkeman086  Hello, 

Thank you for your valuable feedback. 
Please confirm RE is on the latest firmware, select the hardware version and check the latest firmware for RE505X here: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re505x/#Firmware

Using the same Ethernet cable, connect PS4 directly to modem router and see if you could get a stable connection. 

Also make sure your PS4 software is up to date. If still the same issue, can you help confirm some details to help locate the problem: 

1. - When PS4 reports Error,  does other devices like laptops or mobile phones work stably or also lost Internet? 
  2. - Did you try both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band for PS4, but still the same problem? 
  3. - Is there any certain any network activities on PS4 will cause the disconnection, like playing certain games, video streaming etc. 
  4. - May I know the model of main router
  5. - May I know your network topology, what is the model of your PS4 and its software version? 
  6. -W hat is the firmware & hardware version of your RE, thank you
Options
Re:PS4 Lan cable not connected issue with RE505X
2021-07-14 22:22:17

@Solla-topee Sorry for the late response.

I have twice now accidentally deleted an almost ready response, so sorry if this message looks rough.

I now updated the firmware, and PS firmware is up to date. The same cable works with the modem.

1. Happens on phone too

2. Not yet 

3. No

4. DNA Optical fibre Plus modem F-3890v3

5. PS4 Original 1TB, Software version 8.52

6. Software version 1.0 11, Hardware EU/1.0

Even after the upgrade, the problem has reoccurred. 

Do you believe the problem is with the modem or the extender?

Thank you for your help, I really want to leave no stone unturned before I seek for recompensation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 741

Replies: 2

Related Articles