VPN Client on Wi-Fi Router Is Not Working

VPN Client on Wi-Fi Router Is Not Working

206 Reply
Re:VPN Client on Wi-Fi Router Is Not Working
2023-12-12 08:59:09

@Fraudwaffle 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-30 10:50:23

@Kevin_Z 

Hello I have the Archer ax73 model V1.6 and I am having trouble connecting to my Surfshark VPN client using the VPN client feature. I have it set to openvpn and logins/configuration files have been uploaded but its stuck on "connecting". Please help. Firmware is 1.3.5 Build 20230922 rel.71211(5553)

Options
2024-01-02 01:46:56

Jello98 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hello I have the Archer ax73 model V1.6 and I am having trouble connecting to my Surfshark VPN client using the VPN client feature. I have it set to openvpn and logins/configuration files have been uploaded but its stuck on "connecting". Please help. Firmware is 1.3.5 Build 20230922 rel.71211(5553)

@Jello98 

Hi, please refer to this guide to verify your Surfshark service credentials and the configuration file again:

How to get configuration files from OpenVPN service providers

Then refer to this guide to set up the OpenVPN Client to see if it will work properly: How to set the Surfshark OpenVPN manually on TP-Link Wireless Router

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-04 16:48:48

@Kevin_Z Hi Kevin,

my TP Link router: Archer 1750 C7

FW: 1.2.1 Build 20220715 rel.19099(4555)

HW version: Archer C7 v5.0

I want to install NordVPN to the router, but there is no "VPN Client" section in my routers' menu. Only a "VPN-Server" section. In there, I cannot add any VPN servers or type in my NordVPN credentials? I added a picure of the menu. Also searched for any new FW, but I'm on the latest as it seems.

Any idea how I can get NordVPN running on my C7 please?

Thanks very much in advance

HTR

File:
TP Link Archer 1750 C7.pngDownload
Options
2024-01-09 02:43:38

HTR1211 wrote

@Kevin_Z Hi Kevin,

my TP Link router: Archer 1750 C7

FW: 1.2.1 Build 20220715 rel.19099(4555)

HW version: Archer C7 v5.0

I want to install NordVPN to the router, but there is no "VPN Client" section in my routers' menu. Only a "VPN-Server" section. In there, I cannot add any VPN servers or type in my NordVPN credentials? I added a picure of the menu. Also searched for any new FW, but I'm on the latest as it seems.

Any idea how I can get NordVPN running on my C7 please?

Thanks very much in advance

HTR

@HTR1211 Archer C7 doesn't support VPN Client, you may refer to the following link for the VPN Client routers:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/wifi-router/?filterby=AND%7C6112

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-02-06 23:33:27

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin,

Recently I bought router for purpose of using always active vpn connection for all devices in my home network. 

My problem is simillar to post #72, which am describing below:

1. Model number, hardware, and firmware version of your TP-Link Router.

Firmware Version:

1.2.2 Build 20230927 rel.58345(4555)

Hardware Version:

Archer AX72 v1.0

2. What kind of VPN server you are connecting to?

Custom (my own openvpn server)

3. What kind of VPN type are you choosing on the TP-Link router, OpenVPN, or PPTP VPN?

OpenVPN

4. What kind of VPN Client software you were using on the local PC or phone when it was connecting fine? Please test and make sure you can connect to the server with third-party software, such as OpenVPN Connect for OpenVPN and WireGuard App for WireGuard VPN.

Works fine from android and windows with openvpn connect

5. Which step did you stuck in, any error message or screenshot?

Router is succesfully connected to the vpn server.

But the problem is in routing, i have one more subnet beside the default one that vpn is using.

I pushed route in server config and client config but the router is not picking those routes (this works fine on windows and android).

The VPN default subnet is 10.10.11.x, and i can ping GW and any address fine because route is added when vpn is connected which you can see on 2nd picture.

The subnet am trying to access is 192.168.1.x, which is pushed in client and server config.

If i enable VPN Access in Device List the other subnet becomes available, but the problem seems to be that all traffic is then going thru vpn which i don't want.

This is problematic because i dont have access to the internet and other local wan network (192.168.3.x).

Using internet thru vpn is not an option, because i just need access to two subnets from it.

As mentioned above this picture is showing added routes, which enables me to see marked subnet without adding device to vpn access.

The route that i pushed 192.168.1.0 is not here. 

Static route could probably fix my problem but i cant add route to VPN interface because its not available in the list.

Hope you can help, thanks in advance!

Options
2024-02-23 10:07:18

@Kevin_Z 

kind reminder

Options
2024-02-26 00:54:06

@loshmo 

Hi, please add the following 4 lines on the .ovpn file and configure the OpenVPN Client again:

route 0.0.0.0 192.0.0.0 net_gateway
route 64.0.0.0 192.0.0.0 net_gateway
route 128.0.0.0 192.0.0.0 net_gateway
route 192.0.0.0 192.0.0.0 net_gateway

Options
2024-02-26 16:57:42

@Sunshine 

Thank you so much! 

Didn't know i can do it this way.

I have one more question if you can help me:

So, vpn clients can see each other while connected, considering my router is now 10.10.11.x and not my pc, which is 192.168.0.x, how can other vpn users access my pc by at least one port?

Can i achive this somehow ?

I tried to add port forwarding which could be enough, but i guess it only works for wan and not vpn.

If am not mistaken i need something like ip forwarding on router, on windows or linux ip_forward would do the trick.

Options
2024-02-26 17:10:44

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, I'm having problems with my Archer AX55 and Cyberlink router. I have done what is recommended in this post and I have formatted the file according to this guide https://www.tp-link.com/it/support/faq/3338/?fbclid=IwAR1MMMGSYpuUzsJH-70YCsSqScKQu7SZeMspoxW5g3F7py7b3eq9vKs7GC8

I tried with manual configuration on cyberghost both tcp, udp and ipsec

as requested:

1. Archer ax55, hardware v1, and firmware 1.2.6 build 20231130 rel 36135
2.premium servers (both udp and tcp or ipsec)
3. What kind of VPN : OPENVPN
4. CYBERGHOST with starlink as provider
5. always on "connecting" but it won't connect
6. Troubleshooting:I tried both entering the user id and password provided on the manual cyberghost configuration (not my personal userid and pass for cyberghost) and without. Either with the ca file formatted on the OVPN or inserted separately together with the OVPN in the router screen...

Options