VPN Client on Wi-Fi Router Is Not Working

VPN Client on Wi-Fi Router Is Not Working

201 Reply
Re:VPN Client on Wi-Fi Router Is Not Working
2023-11-10 01:08:40

@tw33k 

Thanks for the update, glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Do you mean the beta firmware in this thread: Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-15 23:18:06

@Sunshine yes, that's the one

Options
2023-11-16 02:20:23

@tw33k 

This is noted, thanks a lot for the kind reply.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-24 14:37:17

@Kevin_Z I just bought a AX20 as I want to add my NordVPN details into a router instead of individual devices. Unfortunately I have been unable to connect. It constantly says 'connecting' in the firmware under VPN Client.

I have tried different configuration files (TCP and UDP) of NordVPN. I also tried to use the same configuration file and login details in the OpenVPN software and with that VPN does connect. So it seems to be a router specific problem. 

The router says I have the latest version of the firmware. Below are my details:

AX20 US v2.0, firmware: 2.1.7 Build 20230829 rel.73104(5553).

NordVPN

OpenVPN

Please note the TPLink router is connected via an UTP cable to a router/modem from vodafone. 

It would be great if you can give me suggestion of what else I can try. Was so hoping after I bought this router that I would be able to connect all devices in the house with VPN, but unfortunately not yet, hope there is a solution soon.  

Options
2023-11-26 17:07:56

@Kevin_Z 

I get a status of connected with a ? Next to it, when I click on it it shows a server up: hr171.wiskergalaxy. Com, DNS: 10.255.255.2

When I check my IP address I am still on my providers server.

\

software 1.3.2 Build 20230906 rel.52143(5553)

hardware Archer AX6000 v1.0

firmware just updated

using open vpn tried both TCP and UDP

VPN provider is Windscribe

my iPad is set up as a client.

Do not see a way to attach the OVPN file to this message.

Options
2023-11-27 18:02:48

Same Problem here.

I use GhostVPN and when i try it with open vpn app on android i can connect without problmes to VPN.

I entered all data to the server list, uploaded configuration file without problems and now it is enabled. When i check ip of the device which i activated in device list it still has the same ip. 

What can I do ? 

regards 

Options
2023-11-29 01:28:16

Vfer wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I get a status of connected with a ? Next to it, when I click on it it shows a server up: hr171.wiskergalaxy. Com, DNS: 10.255.255.2

When I check my IP address I am still on my providers server.

\

software 1.3.2 Build 20230906 rel.52143(5553)

hardware Archer AX6000 v1.0

firmware just updated

using open vpn tried both TCP and UDP

VPN provider is Windscribe

my iPad is set up as a client.

Do not see a way to attach the OVPN file to this message.

@Vfer 

Hi, may I have a screenshot of your OpenVPN Client settings page on the router?

Please note that the router WAN IP address will not change after connecting to the VPN Server, you could check public IP address on the VPN client device such as the iPad via What Is My IP Address website.

Options
2023-11-29 01:30:01

@Koekie 

Hi, To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later.

Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2023-11-29 01:35:19

@madCase 

Hi, may I know how did you check the IP address? You could check public IP address on the VPN client device via What Is My IP Address website, then compare it with the public IP of other regular client device which isn't in the VPN device list.

In addition, what is the model no., hardware and firmware version of your TP-Link Router?

Please share with us the VPN Client settings page on the router as well.

Options
2023-11-29 12:05:31

@Sunshine 

Options