AV600 - lights are on but no wifit output

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-20 09:22:36
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi I have a number of AV600 powerline adapters that work perfectly well in conjunction with my BT Homehub router. Occasionally i have to reset (unplug and plug back in) but that;s rare. I have an shedbuilding near the house, where i try and plug in another AV600. In picks up the signal, the lights are on/ flashing, but after a short period of time the signal drops and there is no wifi. The shed is about 50 feet away from the house. Given that the powerline range is 300 ft i'm not sure why this is happening. Is there anything i can do? I initially pair up the adapter in the main house near the router and then move to the shed. Any help/ tips appreciated. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:AV600 - lights are on but no wifit output
2021-07-20 20:22:23

@ire i am having the same issue except my av600 is literally up stairs from the router and the connecter so i am not sure what to do i've reset it and it worked for a bit but when i went out and came back it went back to dropping out 

Options
2021-07-23 07:02:24

@ire 

From your description, it 's more likely the distance is too far for the powerline unit in the shed. You could try a different powerline extender in that shed and if another unit performance the same. Kindly note that 300 ft is the maximum powerline length ,not the direct distance, the real distance could varies and affected by powerline environment. 

Options
2021-07-23 07:05:52 - last edited 2021-07-23 07:17:48

@jayreese Hello,

Does the house Led goes off or ON when the issue happens on extender unit? 

You could try to turn off Power-saving mode on powerline devices and change a different wall socket for the powerline unit upstairs. 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2018/

Did you download powerline Utility and may I have a photo of the powerline rate between 2 powerline units

To check its the distance or powerline environment that causes this, can you put 2 powerline unit in the same room for a test and if the House Led is always ON? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 536

Replies: 3