Ethernet Backhaul not working

Ethernet Backhaul not working

37 Reply
Re:Ethernet Backhaul not working
2022-10-25 07:40:21

@David-TP Yes David, the Asus router used to be put where the T3-Deco is, and that router using the LAN port just fine. But I want to get mesh network and using 1 wifi name so I replace 3 routers to 3 X60 though. 

Is there anything would you recommend to get the ethernet backhaul working? Should I try to install one more tp-link switch before connect the LAN port to T3-Deco? 

Many thanks.

Options
2022-10-26 11:36:39 - last edited 2022-10-26 11:36:56

@juzkid 

Hi, for the network layout:

(Deco in AP mode)

Modem (Internet source) >>> tp-link switch (sf1005d) >>> main deco x60

>>>Satellite Deco X60-1 on 2nd floor(T2)

>>>Satellite Deco X60-2 on 3rd floor(T3)

Is there actually a long Ethernet cable coming from SF1005D to T3 or SF1005D to wall Ethernet socket~~~~wall Ethernet socket-T3?

Earlier, you mentioned that if T3 Deco is on the 2nd floor, the Ethernet backhaul works. Will Ethernet backhaul works on T2 Deco when it is put on the 3rd floor?

By the way, is there any chance that you could run an Ethernet cable directly from T2 to T3, not from SF1005D to T3?

If a direct connection from SF1005D did not work, I don't think one more TP-Link switch between 1005D and T3 Deco could make any difference. The Ethernet Backhaul between Decos is based on standard IEEE 1905.1 protocol so it is kind of like the Ethernet cable not only transferring the internet packets, but also the IEEE 1905.1 packets. But Currently, the IEEE 1905.1 packets seemed lost during the communication.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-10-26 12:12:01 - last edited 2022-10-26 12:14:14

@David-TP 

thank you for your reply. 

My setup is:

modem --> sf1005d (about few cm) --> main deco at 1st floor (about few meter); sf1005d --> T2-deco is on 2nd floor (I dont know exactly how long is the cable but i guess it maybe 5 meters); sf1005d --> T3-deco is on 3rd floor (i dont know exact how long is the cable, my guess is not over 10 meters), from wall sockets on 3rd floor to deco is few cm away though. 

because all the wires are inside the wall, it is impossible to run cable from 2nd to 3rd floor though. 

is it better if i setup other way like 

modem --> deco main --> switch ---> satelite on 2nd and 3rd floor and set deco as router. Would that make any different?

any other suggestions?

Options
2022-10-27 01:29:24

@juzkid Hi,

Thanks for checking for me. Since we are almost out of suggestions now, It's worth a try for your recommended setup:

modem/router combo --> deco main --> switch ---> satellite on 2nd and 3rd floor and set deco as router

By the way, have you helped checked the following questions:

Earlier,if T3 Deco is on the 2nd floor, the Ethernet backhaul works. Will Ethernet backhaul works on T2 Deco when it is put on the 3rd floor?

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-05 10:11:01 - last edited 2022-11-05 10:12:12

@David-TP 

Hi David, it has been a busy week for me. But today I got time to try out your recommendations though. Also, I bought new tp-link switch ls1008g (giga switch). The story are:

1. Tried to change deco T2 to T3: it still not works. 
2. Tried to setup router->deco main-> switch->deco satellite and set as router: T3 still not connect through Ethernet backhaul. 
3. But there is 1 little interesting thing though, after change to the new switch, if I plugged Ethernet cable to T3 continuously then T3 showing not connected though. When I unplugged, T3 connect to T2 wirelessly like before. 

Is there any other suggestions that you would recommend?

thank you. 

Options
2022-11-07 02:02:09

@TP-Link 

I am looking to add a mesh system to my house to replace my existing wireless. I was looking at the X60 and using 3 of them since I have an extremely long ranch house. I had the whole house wired with Cat 6a cable 4 years ago (plain Cat 6 to the cameras). My wired network is a bit complex/complicated and I want to make sure I will not have a ethernet backhaul problem with the configuration. I plan on putting all three X60's in AP mode and continue to let my modem/router handle it's duty. Logically I believe this should work, wondering if there will be any practical problems. I am attaching a picture of my proposed setup.

Options
2023-03-02 22:42:53

Having similar issue. The "Kitchen" node is connecting by WiFi, backhaul not working. 

I have an unmanaged switch connected to the Main Deco, and then all nodes connect to the switch. 

Two work perfectly (Attic and Bedroom); they connect by backhaul and no issues. 

I speed tested the ethernet cable supplying the "Kitchen" node and it's giving me full speeds as per my ISP, similar to other cables. 

Options
2023-03-03 09:10:41

@DeclanMC Hi, welcome to the community.

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Please change the Ethernet port on the switch that Kitchen Deco is connected to.

2. Swap the location of the Kitchen Deco and Bedroom Deco or Attic Deco.

By the way, May I know the model number of the unmanaged switch?

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-08 12:54:42

@David-TP 

I’m having a similar issue. In my network topology, I have a Deco XE75 as main unit and 3 other units (2 XE75 and another PX50) connected to the main unit through a tp-link ls1008g switch.

Only one of the XE75 units is not recognizing the Ethernet backhaul, as images bellow. I tested the network cable, as well as changed the switch port without success.

Options
2023-05-08 14:13:13

@fhreis 

What will happen if you power off Satellite Deco which does not recognize Ethernet backhaul: will another Satellite switch to WiFi backhaul or not?

Options
Related Articles