Disable Onemesh Hidden network on Onemesh Routers

Disable Onemesh Hidden network on Onemesh Routers

66 Reply
Re:Disable Onemesh Hidden network on Onemesh Routers
2022-01-05 11:13:56

@terziyski 

Thank you, on further investigation I discovered that the 2 roku devices in use in our home were trying to pair with devices capable of acting as handsets. Problem cured now.

Options
2022-01-07 20:16:24
I turned off Omemesh, yet I still see the hidden network. Archer A7 V5 SW: 1.1.4 Build 211022
Options
2022-01-11 20:18:06

@Kevin_Z hello I have TP-Link Archer C6 v2 AC1200 EU with currently Your beta firmware: 1.3.6 Build 20201030 rel.60104.

On stable firmware it had problems with WiFi 2.4GHz which randomly blocks possiblity to connect for devices and I had to reboot router to make it available again.

I installed that Beta firmware but I read that Onemesh option is only in Router mode and my device is in AP mode because I use it only for AP WIFI and switch, so my question is if this new firmware should fix that WiFi 2.4GHz issue even if I don't have that Onemesh switch?

This is going crazy I read that OpenWRT is solution for that problems with 2.4GHz but lot of people complain about 5GHz WiFi problems which is more important for me.

Options
2022-01-13 09:40:57

@Dave-D 

Hello Dave, please enable the Onemesh feature on the Archer A7, and run a Wi-Fi analyzer on the phone or computer, please take a screenshot of the networks that you can monitor. Then disable the Onemesh on the Archer A7 and reboot it, run the Wi-Fi analyzer again to monitor the networks, take a screenshot as well, compare the two, then confirm if that hidden network is other's or the A7's.

Options
2022-01-13 09:48:44

@michalpl7 

If you are using the Archer C6 at AP mode, you may need to switch back to Router mode first and disable Onemesh, then switch back to AP mode again.

Options
2022-01-13 14:34:58

@Kevin_Z 

WIfi analyzer sees my named network, plus 3 hidden SSID networks on the same channel at 5ghz.   If I change the router channel, all 4 move.   If I shut down the router, all 4 disappear.  Very odd that I've got 3 hidden nets!

I'm running in router mode, with Onemesh disabled.  Firmware is up to date.  I live in the country, so there is only 1 weak neighbor detected, on a different channel from me.

I suspect that this is what caused my old Logitech Squeezebox radio to frequently disconnect,  requiring a reboot.  Not a problem any more, as I switched the radio to wired and all of my other wifi devices work fine.  Problem seems to have started when I did a firmware upgrade back in December.

Only posting in the event that it helps others.

Options
2022-01-13 15:23:46

@Kevin_Z and device will remember that in AP mode after setting it in Router mode?

Does it - Onemesh really matter in AP mode?

Options
2022-01-13 17:11:56 - last edited 2022-07-25 06:30:27

@michalpl7 

Some of the router features still work in AP mode even they are not visible in the web management interface - here are the details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-01-14 03:26:53

@Dave-D 

That is really weird. Can I have a picture of the Wi-Fi analyzer that displays 3 hidden networks? BTW, did you enable any Guest Network on the Archer A7? Are there any extender in the network?

Options
2022-01-14 16:09:10

@Kevin_Z 

Upon further investigaion I can confirm that only one hidden network is coming from the router.   Same MAC address.   This convinces me that turning off Onemesh does not eliminate the hidden network.  It seems to disappear and reappear over 5-10 minutes, which is strange

The other hidden network seem to come from my Dish Network TV setup, which I learned has it's own access point and uses a hidden network, oddly on the same channel as my home router, with ESS security.   I never knew that. MAC address confirms that it is from a Dish Joey wireless device.

The 3rd hidden network does not appear today, but I suspect that it is similar to the Dish situation and is not coming from my router.  I should have investigated futher and looked at MAC addresses.

At least I resolved the multiple hidden network question.  But I still maintain that the router firmware needs a fix.

Options
Related Articles