Disable Onemesh Hidden network on Onemesh Routers

Disable Onemesh Hidden network on Onemesh Routers

66 Reply
Re:Disable Onemesh Hidden network on Onemesh Routers
2022-01-18 06:38:36

@Dave-D 

Please check again and ensure the Onemesh is disabled on the Archer A7, and send us the screenshot of the software that display the hidden network from Archer A7 to the email, the support engineers will try to figure it out.

Options
2022-01-19 06:37:54

@Kevin_Z 

hi

i have same problem with modem archer vr400 v3.

it have 2 hidden wifi network (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)

When will the new version of the program come? to disable onemesh ..

Options
2022-01-19 07:02:44

@mehdi_08 

Hello, VR400 belongs to a different product category, I suggest you discuss it in the correct sub-forum or open a new thread to start the conversation:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/edit/topic?moduleId=121

Options
2022-02-25 00:34:22

@Kevin_Z   Is there any update on the firmware update for the VR400 (Australia) to disable the MESH?

Im looking for a TPLink router with VDSL than can have the WiFi and MESH both disabled.

Regards,

K

Options
2022-02-25 06:37:47

KentAU wrote

@Kevin_Z   Is there any update on the firmware update for the VR400 (Australia) to disable the MESH?

Im looking for a TPLink router with VDSL than can have the WiFi and MESH both disabled.

Regards,

K

Hello @KentAU, thank you for asking again.

Can I confirm why do you need this to be disabled after reading our explanations in the Background part of this article? All these Onemesh routers or modems are designed to work with the Onemesh extenders to provide you with a seamless roaming experience. If you don't need the Onemesh feature, I guess you can also purchase a model that doesn't support it. Please let me know your ideas, thank you.

Options
2022-02-25 06:59:16

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for looking into this. I posted the question in the ADSL/VDSL group as the more suitable forum.

Many people are intolerant to Radio Frequency Radiation. The RF from the mesh feature when WiFi is supposedly turned off but still emitting affects them badly.

As per the other posters on this topic, if mesh is not in use turning this off also frees up the spectrum for other WiFi device use.

The average customer would assume the external OFF button turns all WiFi off, but it does not.  It's a bit unintentionally misleading when off isn't off.

Can you recommend an alternate VDSL device with a physical WiFi on/off button that does not have mesh? It looks like all the non mesh VR series (with VDSL) have been discontinued.  You cant buy the VR400v2 (pre mesh) for example in Australia.

Ideally, TP-Link implements the mesh off toggle switch on the GUI for the VR series like it has been done for the C6 and A6 per:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/271574

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/241816

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/728

Hope you can help.

Kent

Options
2022-02-25 08:22:33

@KentAU 

Requests sound reasonable and comprehensible. Thank you. As far as I can confirm, there are no current plans to add the option to disable Onemesh for the VDSL modems, but I will add it to our request list. You can also keep an eye on the following thread as the moderator TP-Link or David-TP will update there once there is a new firmware supports that:

How to disable Onemesh Hidden network on modem vr400 v3

Regrading the models that doesn't support Onemesh, I'm not sure if you can purchase other VDSL models in Australia, you may check which of the models is available in the local store or online shops:

https://www.tp-link.com/au/home-networking/dsl-modem-router/

Options
2022-03-13 16:33:10 - last edited 2022-03-17 03:02:22

@Kevin_Z I'm still waiting stable firmware (that added OneMesh button) for Archer C6(EU) V2. It's 2022 already still no update :)

Options
2022-05-22 21:06:54

I called tp link India customer support for the same(Eu version 2.0) and he said that it is the last version(v1.3.6) update to archer c6, it won't receive further updates. What a bummer:(

Options
2022-07-24 16:42:31

@Kevin_Z I just found out that you fixed it on the latest C80 update, thank you so much! 

Options
Related Articles