Deco M4 - Add IP Reservation Manually

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-28 02:09:22
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289

Request: Add Feature
Feature Type: Manual IP address reservation
Details: I am only able to add whatever client/device is already connected/detected by the system. I am running a Debian VM on my laptop that requires its own IP address on the network. Unfortunately, Deco doesn't detect the VM (although it allocates an IP fine), so I can't add it to the address reservation list. When I was still using my Linksys WRT1900ACS, it was able to detect my VM and display it on the network map. 
It would be nice if this same feature can be implemented on my Deco M4, or either one of them; be able to detect my VM and thus I'll be able to add it to the address reservation list, or for me to be able to manually do it. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 - Add IP Reservation Manually
2021-07-29 06:48:04

@Togusa 

Hi, for the Debian VM on the laptop, please refer to the suggestions on this link

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/249838

For the feature request, it has been accepted by the engineers but there is no updated news when the features would be finally added.

Please keep attention to the firmware release note on the official website.

Thank you very much.

Options