Band Select

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Band Select

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Band Select
Band Select
2021-08-17 12:12:51 - last edited 2021-08-19 07:12:00
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 181022 Rel.40644n

Hi! Can anyone help me how to select a band on my modem/router? I really need your help guys. Cant find a file on how to manually upgrade my firmware. Pleaseeeee. I really need your help ASAP!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Band Select-Solution
2021-08-19 07:11:50 - last edited 2021-08-19 07:12:00

@MishchievousDen 

Hi, please refer to the beta firmware on this link:

Manual Band Selection for 4G WiFi Routers

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Band Select
2021-08-17 15:37:13 - last edited 2021-08-18 00:47:20

@MishchievousDen 

Hey

Would you be able to tell us what band you are referring too?  Is this the 4g band selection or the WiFi band?

Also firmware update details below

12 2 Update the Firmware
TP-Link is dedicated to improving and richening the product features, giving you a
better network experience.
We will inform you through the web management page if there’s any update firmware
available for your router. Also, the latest firmware will be released at TP-Link official
website, you can download it from the Support page of our website www.tp-link.com
for free.
Note:
1. Make sure that you have a stable connection between the router and your computer. It is NOT recommended to
upgrade the firmware wirelessly.
2. Make sure you remove any USB storage device connected to the router before the firmware upgrade to prevent data
loss.
3. Back up your router configuration before upgrading the firmware.
4. Do NOT turn off the router during the firmware upgrade.
12 2 1 Online Upgrade
1. Visit http://tplinkmodem.net, and log in with the password you set for the router.
2. If there’s any firmware update available for your router, the update icon will display on the
top-right corner of the page. Click the icon to go to the Firmware Upgrade page.
Alternatively, you can go to Advanced > System Tools > Firmware Upgrade, and click Check
for Upgrades to see if there’s any new firmware.
Tips:
If there’s any new important firmware update for your router, you will see the notification (similar as shown below)
on your computer when open a new web page. Click Upgrade Now, and log in to the web management page. You
will see the Firmware Upgrade page.
3. Focus on the Online Upgrade section, and click Upgrade.

Chapter 12 Administrate Your Network
4. Wait a few moments for the upgrading and rebooting.

12 2 2 Local Upgrade
1. Download the latest firmware file for the router from our website www.tp-link.com.
2. Visit http://tplinkmodem.net, and log in with the password you set for the router.
3. Go to Advanced > System Tools > Firmware Upgrade.
4. Focus on the Device Information section. Make sure the downloaded firmware file matches
with the Hardware Version.
5. Focus on the Local Upgrade section. Click Browse to locate the downloaded new firmware
file, and click Upgrade.
6. Wait a few moments for the upgrading and rebooting.

Options
2021-08-17 16:36:59 - last edited 2021-08-18 00:47:20
Hello! Im referring to the 4G band. The bands that I'm looking for are band 28, 40, and 41. Do you have that kind of band? Cant really enjoy my internet because of the slow connection thats why i need to change bands. Hope you can help me.
Options
2021-08-17 17:17:21 - last edited 2021-08-18 00:47:20

@MishchievousDen 

Band 28 is the 700mhz spectrum and isn't supported by this device, this is not a common band as most used Band29 as the lower end (800mhz).   Im guessing by the 700mhz band you are geolocated in Asia, this band is usually for the APT carriers.

However the Bands 40 and 41 (2300 - 2500mhz) are both common and supported by this device.  That should give you good 4G signal. 

Sadly you cannot change the bands, these are hard fixed by the device itself and the carrier you have selected.   As you are getting a connection this device does support the higher carrier bands your provider requires.

Band 28 is a FDD LTE band, where 40 and 41 are TDE bands.   These are different technologies so its either one or the other, you cant use all 3 bands.  It appears the TDE is the better option for you on Bands 40/41.  This is likely what you are connected too.

Below is a screenshot of the supported bands

It does sound like the device is working for you.  If you are inside try moving the location of the router, closer to a window or higher up (attic or upstairs) is usually the best position.

Bands are not your issue here, furthermore you cannot change them

Options
2021-08-18 07:49:49

@Philbert 

Yes, I am located in Asia. There is no other way to lock or choose bands? Even if I upgrade my firmware? I really need to try some of your bands and see if it will suit the band that I'm looking for. I already tried to change the location of the modem and it is still the same. Hope you can send me a manual upgrade of hardware v3. 

Options
2021-08-18 08:37:32 - last edited 2021-08-18 08:38:09

@MishchievousDen 

I live in EU so the firmware may be different, however below is a link to the India site to get the latest firmware, it is quite a bit newer than you are running

https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/download/tl-mr6400/v3/#Firmware

In terms of the band you are connected too, this is not chosen by the device.. rather the carrier (operator) you are using.  The MR6400 will support multiple bands, which one it uses is determined by the carriers sim config.  

Assuming you could force this onto a differenbandl, then the device would be unable to connect to your carrier unless you used the channels it recommends.   Without knowing your carrier specifically, its safe to say if you are connected at present, then you are on the correct bands.

All I can recommend is try to update the firmware, if that doesnt help then try a different carrier and see if that improves anything.

Options
Re:Band Select-Solution
2021-08-19 07:11:50 - last edited 2021-08-19 07:12:00

@MishchievousDen 

Hi, please refer to the beta firmware on this link:

Manual Band Selection for 4G WiFi Routers

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-08-19 15:23:37
Is it ok to download the APAC version? Because the one I'm using is Mr6400(EU) V3 You're right I need to change bands if I'll insert another sim.
Options
2021-08-20 16:25:42
Hello?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 858

Replies: 8

Related Articles