Deco M5 1.7.4/1.7.6

Deco M5 1.7.4/1.7.6

833 Reply
Re:Deco M5 1.6.0
2022-08-09 09:52:09

@Silverfox21 

Can I have a picture of your network layout, such as?

Here "losing LAN connection randomly", you mean the Ethernet connection on the clients from Deco, right? And would you be able to mark out these Ethernet connections on the layout?

How about the wireless connection?

The logs did not tell anything related and have you noticed any error message on the wired devices, like "identifying/failed to get IP addresses" or something like this?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-09 09:54:58

@Blmontne I had a similar problem, I now have removed my main deco and did a complete reinstall / reconfiguration and now everything seems to be working perfectly. Maybe there is an issue in upgrading and a fresh / clean install solves it ?

Options
2022-08-09 10:03:35

@Ben7878 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It would be highly appreciated if you could provide more details about your current issue, such as what are the devices that dropped the connection a lot, and any error messages.

Currently, I only got that "sudden drops in connectivity" and "Teams / webex calls dropped a lot".

Did you have any Lan clients that have configured static IP addresses?

And there is a way to downgrade the firmware back to 1.5.3/1.5.7 and it needs to be done via firmware recovery: How to use firmware recovery

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-09 15:12:14

@TP-Link It was one unit that the Deco app and when you logged into the main unit via web browser would show as disconnected from the rest of the deco m5's. Didn't matter if it had was Ethernet backhaul or \Wireless backhaul.  So if you tried to reboot all your M5's at once it wouldn't be rebooted because the app doesn't see it as online. Hard rebooting it didn't do anything for it either  

I did find a solution, however, though I am monitoring it to see how long it will work.   What I did was find the IP address of the one out M5, and logged into it via a web browser hook up to Ethernet back haul.   I used the Deco M5 app on my iPad and rebooted all the Deco M5's at once and rebooted the one that wouldn't connect to the others at the same time via the login from the web browser. Thus they were all rebooting within a few seconds of each other.   When they all came back online they could all see each other.  It's been that way for about 24hrs now.  I will continue to monitor it.  The Garage Deco M5 was the one losing contact with the rest of the units.  The office and Family room are Ethernet back haul and the garage, Rec room, Rec room Alarm are all wireless back haul.

Options
2022-08-11 07:33:07 - last edited 2022-08-11 07:47:36

@TP-Link 

I have the same issues as stated above, my WiFi connection is very unstable and loses connection during the day even though before the update to 1.6.0. I never had any issues like these. All my appliances use WiFi, so I can't say anything about a wired connection.

The instability causes my iPhone and Android tablet not to load pages or chats properly (no images), the same goes for my laptop. Also, using my laptop, MS Teams videocalling has freezed images and sometimes lose audio, or it disconnects my remote desktop even though the VPN I need for that is still active.

What's even more weird, is that only once I had issues like this while using streaming apps on my Samsung TV (after turning off the beamforming the streaming resumed but the issues on my phone, tablet and laptop weren't resolved).

My internet provider doesn't have any issues and all the speed tests (tested on the Deco App) have a great result.

I use the Deco M5's in access point mode, the setup is like this:

Internet (main floor) -> Modem (main floor) -> Main Deco (main floor) -> wired assistent deco (2nd floor) & wireless assistent deco (1st floor)

However, since turning off Smart DHCP it seems to be working better, although I haven't had the time to fully experience this.

Options
2022-08-11 09:37:30

@David-TP Hi David,

I completely wiped the deco's config and reinstalled and for now it seems stable. The only issue I still have is that the parental controls don't work anymore:

I allow someone to use internet for 3 hours per day, and everyday I have to reset this manually. Somehow the counters think there has already been 3 hours of activity while the device was shut down (completely no power so wasn't sleeping either). When I click the insights button and show history, is only shos some history from the day before. This seems to still be a bug ...

Options
2022-08-11 14:50:33

@David-TP 

Thanks for your reply. Here is my topology. It has been little bit better, when switched off "Smart DHCP" like others have been reported here as well. So Mesh is via Ethernet.

There has not been issues with my ISP.

Options
2022-08-12 03:39:09

@Ben7878 

Thank you very much for the update.

the solution to parental control could be found here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/571418

please let me know whether it could be fixed or not.

best regards.

Options
2022-08-13 20:58:22

@David-TP 

Does this beta firmware  Deco M5-1.6.0 build 20220810 has bug fixes other than the parent control one?

Options
2022-08-14 17:51:27

@Blmontne  

Update to my previous post it started doing it again. The garage AP is saying it is disconnected from the rest of the APs, even though it has a green light, and it is now wired to the Main AP with Ethernet backhaul (doesn't matter if it is wired or wireless same results)  and I can access it via the web browser using its IP address. Rebooting it didn't fix it this time.

Blmontne wrote

@TP-Link It was one unit that the Deco app and when you logged into the main unit via web browser would show as disconnected from the rest of the deco m5's. Didn't matter if it had was Ethernet backhaul or \Wireless backhaul.  So if you tried to reboot all your M5's at once it wouldn't be rebooted because the app doesn't see it as online. Hard rebooting it didn't do anything for it either  

I did find a solution, however, though I am monitoring it to see how long it will work.   What I did was find the IP address of the one out M5, and logged into it via a web browser hook up to Ethernet back haul.   I used the Deco M5 app on my iPad and rebooted all the Deco M5's at once and rebooted the one that wouldn't connect to the others at the same time via the login from the web browser. Thus they were all rebooting within a few seconds of each other.   When they all came back online they could all see each other.  It's been that way for about 24hrs now.  I will continue to monitor it.  The Garage Deco M5 was the one losing contact with the rest of the units.  The office and Family room are Ethernet back haul and the garage, Rec room, Rec room Alarm are all wireless back haul.

Options
Related Articles