Deco M5 1.7.4/1.7.6

Deco M5 1.7.4/1.7.6

833 Reply
Re:Deco M5 1.6.0
2022-07-06 09:16:29

Lukesan Hi, Thanks for the feedback. I have forwarded your case to the senior engineers already. Please check whether you have got an email from us.

@JanRekenaar 

Hi, I used to get a lot of complaints about the slow process of the official firmware. It is quite unexpected to know the beta firmware was too soon to be replaced by the final official version. laughSo far we have run three rounds of beta tests and when we waited for the feedback from community users, our testing groups are also performing all kinds of field tests. Normally, I would record all the feedback about 1.6.0 every day, not only in our own community but also in other public forums and I am quite positive about the 1.6.0 firmware based on what I have received.

It is true that there would be some problems that we haven't covered but as long as we could locate the issue with the help of the users, I am sure the solution could be provided very soon or improved along with nest 1.6.x firmware.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-06 09:54:27

@David-TP 

Hi David, thanks for the help.

Already responded to the engineer and also via the online chat.  

It's really bad that I need to be troubleshooting when I have a day off at work. The minimum of free time that I have is crucial for me that I spend it as wise as possible ... and as far as I know I am now bypassing the issue via another wifi AP so I can start to travel knowing that I can check things remotely and that stuff still works.

With all these smart devices having to be up and running. It's just no good that this happened. 
I should have let over 20 years in IT and a lot more years in electronics kick in. Rule number one .. if it works don't touch it.  

I might go back via the tftp way but that will also take time. I can see in the logs of home assistant (limited to 1 week ago) that I did not have this issue before so I would like to return to that state. I also tried via the native Smart Life and Ewelink app and the same issue was there as well when the switches were down so it surely happened connection wise. Now as I recall I woke up to a led blinking inside the light which is the smart switch which lost connection.

Options
2022-07-07 00:31:00 - last edited 2022-07-11 10:48:09

@Alexandre. 

Alexandre. wrote

@Lukesan 

Lukesan wrote 

I reconnected and switched on my R7800 router and enabled 2.4GHz and the same SSID and pwd as a matter of test.  Disabled the 2.4GHz on the M5.  Guess what. All devices, even 2 floors up with very weak wifi, have been up and running since I have switched the R7800 on. 

Can you explain again, why you can't do that same thing with Deco Guest Network? I have smart switches connected to Guest Network that runs on 2.4GHz only, they do just fine with M5 running on firmware 1.6. My Deco mesh runs in AP mode and here is its WiFi configuration:

Same problem here and easy solution.

Reboot camera device. When connected at Deco network, disable mesh and setting 2.4Ghz as preferred network. 

Options
2022-07-07 06:28:49 - last edited 2022-07-07 06:31:50

i think i can say that Firmware 1.6 is also cause trouble for my CCTV. 

After upgrading to 1.6, it happen 2 times with two different CCTV camera, i have 6 of them.

The issue is the CCTV does not load the feed, but when check on Deco Apps, the CCTV status is connected.

i could not recall i have this issue before. luckily, i found a quick solution to bring the CCTV online again by changing the

connection from existing deco to others deco, it will bring the Camera offline for a moment and when it connected again, 

i was able to view the feed again. No need to manually power off the camera and turn it on again.

i'm using Yi 1080p Home Camera.

i'm not quite technical about how to specifically check how it caused the issue. hopefully the developer can find it and fixed with next update.

Regards,

Options
2022-07-07 07:07:01

@Billy_Tan it is mentioned before but could you try to bring your guestnetwork online, and switch off the 5G. Only 2,4 is on. After that, Connect camera to GuestNetwork. See if it stays stable? 

NB: camera's seem to have problems with 5ghz, and it looks like the new firmware is giving problems with staying connected to 2,4

Options
2022-07-07 07:50:38
Thank you for your reply. My Guest Network is turn on already but with different SSID name and different purposes. For now, i'm following the other recommendation here. Disable Mesh, and switch the preference to 2,4GHz without disabling the 5GHz on the main SSID. i Think my cameras does not support 5GHz actually. Regards,
Options
2022-07-07 08:07:44
Thank you for explaining. Could you post a print screen of “how” you are able to give 2,4 GHz preference? This might resolve my issue
Options
2022-07-07 08:15:01
Dear David, In the releasenotes Firmware 1.6.0 is also mentioned “security fixes”. Could you explain in detail what security fixes are resolved with 1.6.0? And also : are they critical? Thank you Regards
Options
2022-07-07 08:21:20

@JanRekenaar 

Jan did you send me a pm?

Options
2022-07-07 08:27:51 - last edited 2022-07-07 08:29:30

@JanRekenaar 

on client list, click the client you want to change the settings, then click the settings icon

click on the connection preference

Choose the 2,4GHz as preference then click save. Done

Hope this help

Options
Related Articles