Deco M5 1.7.4/1.7.6

Deco M5 1.7.4/1.7.6

833 Reply
Re:Deco M5 1.6.0
2022-07-17 07:34:09

@David-TP Hi David, I am running 1.6.0 for about a week now. Pretty stable but I noticed that mobile devices that are connected to the only M5(3) version (all other decos are M5(1) versions) sometimes lose connection. The phone is then suddenly in 5G.. after which the phone is trying to connect to WiFi again. 

Any ideas in this? 

Regards

Options
2022-07-18 14:00:09

@David-TP 

NO-IP never shows the current public IP address unless I enter it manually since Deco never connect to NO-IP as I said before. It is a fault on deco. It is impossible to connect to my account. It always return a fail on connection. I'am entering the correct user/password and custom domain. It is clearly a firmware bug.

Options
2022-07-20 06:41:09

@JanRekenaar 

Thanks for the feedback.

Does it make any difference if you swap the location of V3 with one of the V1s to see whether it would behave better in a new location?

Dolence

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance and please check whether you have got an email from me.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-21 08:54:45 - last edited 2022-07-21 12:22:16

@Billy_Tan 

Amazing, I did not know that I can set preferred network band for individual devices but it saves my investment in the Deco M5 :). II have a bunch of HEOS wireless speakers and they only work without issues with me when they connect to the 5Ghz band.

What is maybe important for the band assignment, if a device is categorized as IoT, I could not save 5GHz for the device, I changed it to Entertainment (e.g. for my HEOS speaker) and then I could save the preferred network band 5GHz for it.

Because I had no other solution for splitting up the SSIDs, I did also buy a new Wifi Router from Xiaomi, the AX3000 with WiFi 6 since it can have different SSIDs for 2.4 and 5GHz networks but I can now change the settings on my devices in the M5 for those that must go to the 5GHz band and can return the Xiaomi :).

Thanks for this information.

Update: devices preferred to connect to 5GHz will fall back to auto preference for connection if the 5GHz WiFi is disabled on the Deco M5

I found a flaw with the Wifi band preferred setting. To test whether my speakers would re-connect to the 5GHz band, I disabled the 5GHz WiFi in the DECO application.

All my preferred to use the 5 GHz band devices did reconnect to the 2.4 GHz band. Hmm okay, maybe a feature of the Deco? I expected them to not connect at all since they have been set to preferred band 5 GHz.

I then turned back on the 5GHz band and to my surprise, the speakers that were onfigured to use the preferred 5 GHz band did not re-connect to back to the 5 GHz band and stayed connected to the 2.4 GHz band.

I did not expect this behavior and to my surprise, turning off the 2.4 GHz band did reset the preferred band selection back to preferred auto band for each device that I had configured before to use the preferred 5 GHz band.

This looks like either working as designed or like a defect in the firmware.

Since I now know what can happen if I turn off the 5 GHz band, I will not do this again, but still this should be addressed in future firmware updates.

Options
2022-07-23 17:03:24

I am not receiving any response in my queries in this thread.   Are the TP-LINK Engineers currently working to update M9+ firmware update.  Unfair to provide only update to only M5 devices.  Frustrated with the product as well as the service from the support team.

Options
2022-07-25 09:06:04

@Wizman keep your expectations low, and you won't be disappointed.

Sadly, I think TP-Link have lost the plot with deco. If you sell a product as being a singe part of a part of a network of multiple different devices of the same range - then how can you add features that aren't compatible with the other devices of that range.

Surely, you either update all of them simultaneously, or none of them.

Options
2022-07-25 13:04:57

@Dave_BugOne 

Thanks for your message. I'm still hoping they can do the update for M9+. For now,  I"ll have to put up with the inconvenience of the source signal randomly transferring at its own.

Options
2022-07-27 11:45:27

@Wizman Dave_BugOne

Sorry for the delay.

We are requesting the beta firmware of Deco M9 plus as well as other models.

And Deco M9 plus should be ready within a few weeks.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-27 12:17:32

@David-TP,  thanks for your response.  Glad to hear the good news.

Regards,

Ron

Options
2022-07-27 19:08:12

@David-TP 

Ever since the update to 1.60 my five Deco M5's have been severely misbehaving. I hope you an help, as it is driving me crazy. 

I have already restarted everything, tried network optimization, but to no avail. Symptoms are a slow initial connection when trying to do anything (loading a website, playing a game, starting the YouTube app on my smart TV, literally anything). and random short disconnects on all devices. For example, I get disconnected from an online game for around 5 seconds, and streams start buffering for around 5 seconds. This happens randomly, around once per hour. 

Before the upgrade to the Deco's firmware everything was fine. Anything I can try?

I literally can't play a 10 minute game of Hearthstone without disconnecting right at the beginning and halfway through. It's as though the starting connection is delayed. I don't have a lot of networking knowledge, so I can't really solve this myself.

Please assist. Let me know if you need anything. 

Options
Related Articles