Deco M5 1.7.4/1.7.6

Deco M5 1.7.4/1.7.6

833 Reply
Re: [New Firmware] Deco M5 1.6.0
2021-09-30 06:06:24

@dangduters @Auu 

Please check the private message for further assistance.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-10-05 23:30:27

@TP-Link 

I've updated my M5 (x5) to the new firmware last week.

Overall it works good, but I have noticed the following issues in my setup:

• Incorrect amount of usage time in Insigiths (Parental Controls) (comparing to the real usage) - it forced me to remove limits for both of my kids (as they were hitting them much earlier while using their computers the same way as before the upgrade)

Below are screenshots showing the stats after about 1 hour of usage for 2 users (one device for each user). Both users turned their computers about 50 minutes BEFORE I took the screenshots, yet both of them show completely incorrect usage times.

I've checked History page for both users and the earliest log entry is at 9:07 and 9:08 respectively - where is the 3.9h and 10.7h coming from?

Guessing here, but perhaps it has something to do with my time zone (I'm in Sydney/Australia) and the Insight doesn't take the timezone offset into consideration.

I have monitored the numbers for 30 minutes and they changed to 3.9 and 11.2 respetively. The first user had the computer off (thus it stayed at 3.9) while the other user had the computer on for all 30 minutes (thus it increased from 10.7 to 11.2)

• Historical insights are missing for all days aside from today/yesterday
  • Might be a coincidence, but once a day I am experiencing network issues (some Deco's go offline) for about 2-4 minutes.I have checked the auto reboot and it is disabled. This has not been the issue before.
  • Monthly report is missing (and hard-locking the app on Android (Samsung Galaxy S20))

Overall it works fine and I like the option to finally set up source of signal for Deco's (and the frequency).

Good job guys and gals :-)

Options
2021-10-07 11:00:44

@TP-Link 

Are there any news about the release date of the beta 1.6.0 for the Deco M9 Plus V2?

Options
2021-10-07 11:06:09

hello @TP-Link 

My device always automatically switches from DECO on the right to DECO with weaker signal and farther left.

So I am very interested and need new features 1.Reboot Schedule.2.Signal Source.

But 1. This firmware CAN'T be downgraded to the previous version.  This makes me stay away!!!

I am worried that there will be problems that cannot be resolved after the upgrade

Do you have a solution??

Please help me ,thanks.

Options
2021-10-08 07:02:45

@VazaRaq 

Hi,

Could you please also go to Deco APP>Overview>three lines on the top left>help>contact us>suggestions and add the system log.

If you log into the web UI of the Deco via http://tplinkdeco.net and is the time settings under system tools correct?

As for the insights,>spent online time, once the Deco was restarted, the online time and browsing history would be cleared.

Can I have some screenshots of the missing monthly report?

Options
2021-10-08 08:36:47

@TP-Link 

I've submitted my system the logs using the method you've provided.

I have managed to (hopefully) fix the issue with incorrect Insight times, by manually clearing the history for both of the users.

Before I did so, the Insight was showing 9h and 10h of usage without any history attached to it (see below)

That was of 8:13am and without either of the associated devices being turned on for the previous 12+ hours. Both of the numbers (9 & 10) were (coincidentally?) identical to the Daily time limit for each of the users.

After I cleared the history the Insight numbers are shown correctly. I will check tomorrow to see if they reset properly in the morning.

I have checked the timezone in the web GUI and it shows correctly "Australia/Sydney"

As for the app itself - there's nothing in the Monthly Report and the app stops responding (Android shows: "Deco isn't responding" message after a moment).

Options
2021-10-09 01:40:07

@VazaRaq 

Thank you for the update.

I have forwarded your case to the senior engineers and please check the email for further assistance.

Options
2021-10-10 01:44:54

@TP-Link I have a 3 node setup. And everything has been upgraded to 1.6.0. The other two seems to be working well but I noticed one of my deco m5 is only receiving / transmitting 2.4Ghz signal to / from signal source. I've attached a screenshot from the Deco app to show that the bedroom satellite / node is only receiving 2.4Ghz from the Living room (main) node, whereas the Hallway node which is connecting to the same source which is the Living room node is getting both 2.4ghz and 5ghz signal.

Another problem I have is that even though I've set the Hallway node as the signal source for the bedroom node on the deco app, it doesn't want to shift the connection to the hallway node and it keeps connecting to the Living room node which is farther away from the bedroom. This might be a bug with the firmware, can you please advise as to how to work around this or resolve this issue? Do you have another version of the firmware that I could install? Thanks!

Options
2021-10-11 07:42:45

@MarkSanchez123 

Hi, I did not see any pictures, and could you please send them to me again?

Or could you please create a ticket to support.forum@tp-link.com  with the following information:

1. A picture of the signal source with 2.4ghz only.

2. The system log from the web UI.

3. A picture of the network map on the web UI.

By the way, if we manually restart the hallway node, would the signal source change to the bedroom?

Thank you.

Options
2021-10-11 10:45:31

@TP-Link 

Hi apologies for forgetting to attach the screenshots and thanks for your immediate response. Please find attached the data you requested. And to answer your question, I managed to connect the bedroom node to the hallway node. So that one's resolved. Let me know if you need more information.

File:
logs+Screenshots.zipDownload
Options
Related Articles