TP-Link Wifi card not picking up wifi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-04 04:43:45

Hey all, very new and inexperienced with all this and would appreciate any help.

Ive bought a TP-Link 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter. For a couple months it has been working perfectly fine. Now all of a sudden i am unable to find my home wifi. I have tried the typical turning off the PC multiple times and resetting the wifi modem. All of the other phone and computer devices are able to connect to the home wifi. I am able to connect to my mobile hotspot. I have tried to unplug and re plug the wifi card. I am able to connect to my mobile hotspot. 

I went to install an updated version of the driver but still not able to find any wifi networks.

I have the TL-WN881ND V2.20 wifi card and installed the TL-WN881ND(US)_V2 from the TP LINK downloads website.

as stated above, i am very inexperienced and hope that i am the correct thread and that what i said makes sense. 

Any help would be amazing!

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link Wifi card not picking up wifi network
2021-09-07 07:47:26

@CluelessTech this started to happen to me with ac1900 t9e archer WiFi card.  

it was working just fine until this evening. Went for dinner and came back to not working with existing WiFi as it used just seconds ago. 

it can connect to my iPhone WiFi hot spot.  

I tried every option. Reinstalls / restarts / etc. 

No luck. 

Options
2021-09-08 09:25:19 - last edited 2021-09-08 09:25:33

@CluelessTech Hello, 

Sorry for the delayed response. If adapter does not pick router's WiFi: 

Confirm router 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi is available on other devices like mobile devices. 
It is recommended to try a different Wi-Fi channel for router's 2.4Ghz WiFi like channel 1/6/11 
If you have a WiFi6 router, try to turn off 802.11ax or WiFi6, and only set 802.11n for 2.4Ghz wifi and see if the wifi will show up

Hope this could help!

Options
2021-09-08 09:29:58

@Xplode145  Hello, 

May I know could T9E see the router's Wi-Fi right now?   

We  encourage you to create a new thread from here with the case details .e.g the Error when computer connect to WiFi, and we will look into it further, thank you 

Options
2021-12-18 14:12:34

@CluelessTech 

Hey there, I am an IT tech in Australia and I have found that TP-Link have been distributing US version TL-WN881ND cards in Australia over the last few years (first noticed in 2019 and I have seen more US version cards when I purchased some in the last couple of weeks in the hope they stopped distributing the US ones but frustratingly and obviously haven't).

This has caused major headaches for me and a number of my clients that I have supplied these TL-WN881ND US version cards to as the US cards have frequency restrictions in line with US regulations, they can only use and are restricted to channels 1-11 as when used in the United States that is their regulation for use of wireless frequencies.

After spending a considerable amount of time investigating wireless issues for a client in 2019 and then concluding that the US version WiFI adapters were the cause of the issue when modems/ gateways/ access points were using channel 12 or 13, I I have been forced to spend a considerable amount of time replacing all the US adapters in my client's systems which has seen me lose thousands of dollars in labour and travel costs along with lost revenue to resolve an issue that TP-Link have created.

TP-Link have been very uninterested in discussing this US version adapter issue with me and uninterested in substantiating their choice to distribute US version cards in Australia (and clearly haven't stopped distributing the US version adapters at the time of this post), these US version cards are clearly unsuitable for use in Australia and any other countries that allow use of channels 12 and 13.

Not sure where you are located (what country) but if you live outside of the Unites States I am wondering if you have a US version adapter (US will be on the sticker/ label on the adapter itself) and if so is/ was your WiFi set to or is/ was automatically using channel 12 or 13 to minimise interference and therefore the card could not see it due to it's channel restrictions (card can see Channel 1-11 only)?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1023

Replies: 4

Related Articles