Expanding Deco X20 to outdoors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-11 04:21:41
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 20210607 Red 48989

I have recently implemented a Deco X20 (3 AP System). Wireless is working very well and stable inside.   I need to expand the network with an Outdoor access point or repeater for use with a few outdoor WiFi Cameras.  From the current location, the camera is able to pick up my WiFi signal but it is at the borderline between No Signal and barely any Signal. There is no power available near the camera. It is battery-powered and recharged with a solar panel.  I would need an outdoor capable Extender or AP that can be run completely from a solar panel and strapped to a tree outside.   Open to Suggestions.    Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Expanding Deco X20 to outdoors
2021-09-14 11:10:19

@Blackxeon 

Hi, you could have a look at our business outdoor access point, such as EAP225--outdoor:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/omada-eap/#outdoor-ap

Options
Re:Expanding Deco X20 to outdoors
2021-09-14 18:53:27

@TP-Link Thank you.  I will try using higher gain WiFi Antennas on the cameras first. Alternatively, I will look into running a POE line outside to run a dedicated Outdoor AP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1912

Replies: 2

Related Articles