Account locked, says wait 10 mins for 5 days

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-29 21:12:56 - last edited 2022-01-14 04:32:55

This is an account to login to the app.

It has said this since Friday, 5 days ago.

I now have 3 android devices that cannot login.

I only have one device that is still logged in and I tried to use it to change my password, but I get the same message to wait 10 mins.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Account locked, says wait 10 mins for 5 days-Solution
2022-01-14 04:32:47 - last edited 2022-01-14 04:33:35

@doobre 

Hello everyone, 

If the TP-Link account is locked and could not be unlocked for a long time, please try to reach our local support from here via Email/ Hotline/Chat for help first: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

1.  It is recommended to double-check the lower and upper case when you manually put in the password, careful with the first letter (possible capitalized letter on keyboard.)

2. Please help describe the concern in details and attach a photo of the error message 

3. Please share your TP-Link ID / email account to us via private message, and we could try to help look into the concern further, thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Account locked, says wait 10 mins for 5 days
2021-09-30 07:18:54 - last edited 2021-09-30 07:27:55

Hey @BeeCam ,

Thank you for your post case details. It is recommend to double-check the lower the upper case when you manually put in the password, careful with the first letter (possible capitalized letter on keyboard.) Can you share your TP-Link ID / email account to us via private message, and help reload the photo of the error message on the forum?

Please also check my private message, thank you

For any urgent help with TP-Link account, you could also try to reach our local support from here:

Options
2021-10-01 13:49:05

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for your post case details. It is recommend to double-check the lower the upper case when you manually put in the password, careful with the first letter (possible capitalized letter on keyboard.) Can you share your TP-Link ID / email account to us via private message, and help reload the photo of the error message on the forum?

Please also check my private message, thank you

For any urgent help with TP-Link account, you could also try to reach our local support from here:

- Can you share your TP-Link ID / email account to us via private message

I emailed you on Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 7:25 PM - but no reply.

I will call you because this is just not good enough.

Options
2021-10-01 13:54:00

So I called the UK technical support number on 0345 147 0017

After 5 minutes waiting they CUT ME OFF!

Also, the contact number for your company +44 (0)118 950 9951 listed here https://www.tp-link.com/uk/about-us/contact/ does not work.

And the technical support number 0845 147 0017 listed here https://www.tapo.com/uk/support/ does not work either.

I am starting to wonder if TP-Link are a joke.

Options
2021-10-01 14:08:05

So I send you an email, I get no reply.

I call you on 3 numbers listed on your website, 2 of them do not work and 1 that does cuts me off without answering.

I leave a message on the forum, and I get a private message asking what the error message is.

Are you trying to make me angry?

Options
2021-10-08 06:30:43 - last edited 2021-10-08 06:37:08

Hello@BeeCam ,sorry for the late response,  thank you for the account information shared by private message, the account should be in Normal status as we checked on cloud. 

To better assist with your case, we would like to create a support ticket through email, please feel free to let us know if the concern persists. 

As far as know in few times the  hotline may get disconnected due to bad/unstable  telephone line, thank you for your feedback on hotline, we also forward your feedback to local department and make sure the local hotline service is accessible ( 0345 147 0017 is the number for UK customer service center). 

Options
2022-01-13 11:54:46

Hi all. I had the same problem.. so i just signed up with a diff email address.. not what I wanted to do, but how long is 10 minutes

Options
Re:Account locked, says wait 10 mins for 5 days-Solution
2022-01-14 04:32:47 - last edited 2022-01-14 04:33:35

@doobre 

Hello everyone, 

If the TP-Link account is locked and could not be unlocked for a long time, please try to reach our local support from here via Email/ Hotline/Chat for help first: 

1.  It is recommended to double-check the lower and upper case when you manually put in the password, careful with the first letter (possible capitalized letter on keyboard.)

2. Please help describe the concern in details and attach a photo of the error message 

3. Please share your TP-Link ID / email account to us via private message, and we could try to help look into the concern further, thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2228

Replies: 7

Related Articles