Privacy warning

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Privacy warning

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Privacy warning
Privacy warning
2021-10-21 20:58:21 - last edited 2022-07-12 02:32:13
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hello 

just had a privacy warning come up on my iPad and then both iPhones would allow access to the internet while on wifi. The privacy warning was 'This next work is block encrypted DNS traffic'

Then after 5 mins all started working again? Any ideas? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
[Solution] Privacy warning-this network is blocking encrypted DNS-Solution
2021-10-22 03:26:52 - last edited 2022-01-21 08:14:18

@Karl_31 

Hi, All.

Thank you very much for all your feedback.
For this issue, please refer to the last part of this story for more details:

About Privacy and Security Warnings on iOS

The solutions could be concluded as the following:

1. Please go to the WiFi setting of your IOS devices, forget/delete the Deco’s network, make sure the private address is enabled, and reconnect to this network. Then check whether the warning would disappear.

2. Please set the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 manually in Deco App > More > Advanced > IPv4, then go to the WiFi setting of your IOS devices, forget/delete the Deco’s network, and reconnect to it again.

please feel free to comment below if you have any further concerns.

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
41 Reply
[Solution] Privacy warning-this network is blocking encrypted DNS-Solution
2021-10-22 03:26:52 - last edited 2022-01-21 08:14:18

@Karl_31 

Hi, All.

Thank you very much for all your feedback.
For this issue, please refer to the last part of this story for more details:

About Privacy and Security Warnings on iOS

The solutions could be concluded as the following:

1. Please go to the WiFi setting of your IOS devices, forget/delete the Deco’s network, make sure the private address is enabled, and reconnect to this network. Then check whether the warning would disappear.

2. Please set the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 manually in Deco App > More > Advanced > IPv4, then go to the WiFi setting of your IOS devices, forget/delete the Deco’s network, and reconnect to it again.

please feel free to comment below if you have any further concerns.

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Privacy warning
2021-10-22 03:35:07

@TP-Link I didn't trigger anything. My iPad wouldn't let me on the internet and 2 iPhones stopped working on wifi all at the same time. We are using iOS 14.8. When to the deco app to see if there was an update -nothing - then the app lost all decos, and after about 5 mins starting working again. Yes I've had the E4 x6 for a while, I did have the X20 voice on order but you cancelled my order. 

Options
2021-10-22 05:51:12

@Karl_31 

Thank you for the update,

Did you save any pictures about the privacy warning “This next work is block encrypted DNS traffic”?

And May I know how often did this error show up?

Options
2021-10-22 05:57:18

@TP-Link no didn't save any pictures - sorry and yes it is. 

Options
2021-10-22 05:57:41
This was the first time.
Options
2021-10-22 06:13:40

@Karl_31 

Thank you very much and I have reported the case to the senior engineers and hope they could find the possible reasons.

By the way, I have sent you my email address via private message and I hope you could save more details when the issue started again.

Thank you again for your cooperation.

Options
2021-10-23 09:12:19

@Karl_31 YES ME2. I have it also since yesterday. I don't know the reason to. I checked Apple's website and found this article:https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202068. 

But my Wi-Fi security is: WPA2 Personal (AES). Most of the people have this as security, but I still get this problem even tho apple says it is secure enough. I think there is something wrong with the deco firmware that makes this happen. Hopefully they fix it.

Options
2021-10-23 09:15:24

@TP-Link this is what I get. I think he also gets the same warning. Apple says that WPA2 Personal (AES) is enough security, but still I get this warning too. Could this be fixed with a firmware update? I got the DECO E4R(EU)

Options
2021-10-26 03:28:24 - last edited 2022-01-10 02:45:08

@AtakanAtceken 

Hi, Are you able to reproduce this issue all the time?

Did you have any clue what might trigger this notice since I am not sure why we could not reproduce this issue on our side?

And Please set the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 manually in Deco App > More > Advanced > IPv4, then go to the WiFi setting of your IOS devices, forget/delete the Deco’s network, and reconnect to it again.

It would be highly appreciated if you could provide anything related.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-11-22 20:02:31

@TP-Link Sorrry tp link,

I couldn't find this post back, but I did change to those dns servers. It didn't change the message and I also slowed down my wifi the servers of cloudflare. So yeah I think there is a bug that needs to bo fixed with the E4(R). Also my Grandpa had a m4 and he has the same message. It is something the software makers have to contact with apple to fix because It only comes up on apple divices. Please fix this.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 17455

Replies: 42

Related Articles