Tapo Care Frequently Asked Questions

2021-12-06 14:39:32 - last edited 2022-05-20 08:45:00

Hello everyone,

We’re happy to introduce Tapo Care (available on Dec 6,2021 in different countries and areas) which brings some brilliant new features like Cloud storage, Rich notifications with snapshot, AI detection etc. Get to know more from our Tapo Care website here!

https://www.tp-link.com/tapocare/

General Questions about Tapo Care

Featured Functions:

1. 30 days of cloud video history
  2. AI Detection:  Baby crying detection (for indoor camera) and Person Detection
  3. Rich Notification: activity notification with snapshots
  4. Motion tracking (for pan-tilt models)
  5. Privacy zones

Supported Models: 

https://www.tp-link.com/tapocare/#cloud-cameras

If you have trouble using this function, please start a new thread here and we'd like to try to look into that further. 

For any improvement suggestion, feel free to leave your ideas and suggestions on Feature Request Board for Tapo.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo Care Frequently Asked Questions
2022-05-18 11:20:00

@Solla-topee 

The baby crying AI is way too sensitive.

I set it to low and it still records a car passing outside the window and generates alert notifications.

Is it possible to set this to a lower sensitivity than low?

Options
2022-05-20 09:02:49

Hello   @Timt10 

Thank you for the feedback, you could enable AI detection and disable other motion detection settings and see if that helps.

You could try some tips in FAQ here: How to reduce motion detections from rain, snow or insects

It is recommended to  please start a new thread here and we'd like to try to look into that further. 

Options
2022-09-03 21:36:29

@Solla-topee 

What kind of reply is this?  I have also notified you about this problem. And now.. here I am, awake AGAIN because my boy just switched sides in bed.

Of course we don't use motion detection for this purpose! You thank her/him for the feedback and just assume they are using the app wrong.. we aren't! 

Fix the sensitivity problem!

Options
2022-09-05 03:08:19 - last edited 2022-09-05 03:09:41

Hello   @Lionis12 

To report an issue, can you start a new thread here with some case details with Baby crying feature so we could take a further look at.

It would be of great help if you can attach the video/ a video link of the phenomenon with us. If possible, please also attach photo of detected events and a photo of motion/ baby crying detections, thanks in advance. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1792

Replies: 4

Related Articles