Archer T3U can't connect to 5GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-27 05:07:08 - last edited 2021-12-27 05:14:55
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've been using this for around 11 months now and it has been great. However, recently, it started malfunctioning. I encounter the same problem as the post here (https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/217836). Basically, whenever I launch my computer and it auto-connects to my 5 Ghz internet, it just stops working. I have to plug it out then plug it in again and connect to the 2.4 Ghz in order for it to work. Before restarting my PC, I clicked on "forget" on the 5 Ghz and it works perfectly fine with the 2.4 Ghz. Whenever I do the network diagnostics, it says something about "a problem with the network adapter driver". My 5 Ghz internet works for all of my other devices, just not with my Archer T3U. It used to work, but now it doesn't. I'm currently connected to my 2.4 Ghz and if I try to connect to my 5 Ghz, the T3U will crash and stop working and I have to unplug and re-plug it in order for it to work. How do I fix this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer T3U can't connect to 5GHz
2022-01-06 11:36:06

Hello @revv0 

Sorry for the late reply. 

Did you try the chipset driver for Archer T3U and see if it helps improve the performance 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/509006

May I know the model of router, and did you try to change 5Ghz channel to Band1 channels like 36/40/44/48?

When 'the T3U will crash and stop working'  I have a photo of error if any error pops up? Did you recently change any Wifi settings on router? 

Thank you

Options
2022-01-08 06:45:21 - last edited 2022-01-08 06:50:20

I tried the chipset driver, but I still can't connect to 5 Ghz.

My 5 Ghz channel is 36.

What I meant by "'the T3U will crash and stop working" is that I will hear the USB disconnect sound when I try to connect to 5 Ghz, and the T3U will stop working. I then have to unplug and replug the adapter for it to work again (I have to connect to 2.4 Ghz though) No error pops up. It just stops working.

No, I did not change any settings on my router. Other devices can connect to 5 Ghz, even my TV. I don't think it's my router's problem.

This may help with fixing it, but prior to this happening, I tried installing the drivers from the TP Link website and that was when it started. Prior to that, I could connect to 5 Ghz flawlessly. Are the drivers on the website and the one that comes with the T3U (the disk) different? If so, should I try installing the drivers from the disk?

Options
2022-01-11 09:33:09 - last edited 2022-01-11 09:54:31

Hello @revv0 

For ' will hear the USB disconnect sound when I try to connect to 5 GHz,'  may I know is it a reproducible issue, do you mean every time when adapter to connect to 5Ghz, you will hear the USB disconnection sound? As the issue sounds unusual, I would like to create a support email and escalate your case. 

- If the driver in the disk/ CD worked fine, try to install the old driver back  

- If you hear the USB disconnection sound

1.try a different USB port, like a USB 3.0 / USB 2.0 
2. Update driver for USB port, here is a guide found online that might help with USB not recognize issue:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/backup-and-storage/usb-device-not-recognized-error

Can you help confirm some details here to help locate the issue 

1) may I have a link of the driver you downloaded from tp-link website, does CD driver work fine right now

2) May I have a photo of the  computer motherboard information Windows version 

How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer?

3) May I know the model of router? Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2239

Replies: 3

Related Articles