Intermittent Powerlink Connection on WPA7617

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-28 00:20:03 - last edited 2021-12-28 01:52:22
Model: TL-WPA7617 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have recently purchased a WPA7617 Kit (WPA7617 Extender w. PA7017 Adapter) and found that the extender unit only connects intermittently - connecting for between 5 and 20 seconds and then disconnecting for another 10 or so seconds before connecting again. The powerline LED on the extender turns on and off too. To be clear, the receiver and adapter do seem to successfully pair up but the connection is intermittent.

However the adapter seems to work fine as we have AV500/AV600 extenders which are paired perfectly with it.

I have tried pairing the extender with the adapter multiple times - by plugging them side-by-side at several different dual outlets as well as by plugging the extender into the adapter's passthrough socket. I have ensured there are no interfering electronics near either units and I've tried setting up the extender with all the AV500/AV600 units turned off. I've reset the extender multiple times and tried it with an older AV600 adapter, but still without any luck.

Could this be a faulty extender or is there possibly something about my setup that is preventing this particular extender from working?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Intermittent Powerlink Connection on WPA7617-Solution
2021-12-28 01:52:11 - last edited 2021-12-28 01:52:36

After reading through another post here I have now tried using the tpPLC software through an Ethernet connection in an attempt to disable the power saving mode. I tried doing it for the Extender but the option didn't exist - however I connected to the Adapter by ethernet cable and turned the power saving mode off. I also installed some new firmware for the Extender. Now the WPA7617 extender works as do the old AV600/500 extenders.

So the solution in the end was to connect a laptop/PC to the Adapter (the box connected to your router) with an Ethernet cable and use tpPLC software to disable power saving. Additionally, installing the latest firmware for the Extender may help.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Intermittent Powerlink Connection on WPA7617-Solution
2021-12-28 01:52:11 - last edited 2021-12-28 01:52:36

After reading through another post here I have now tried using the tpPLC software through an Ethernet connection in an attempt to disable the power saving mode. I tried doing it for the Extender but the option didn't exist - however I connected to the Adapter by ethernet cable and turned the power saving mode off. I also installed some new firmware for the Extender. Now the WPA7617 extender works as do the old AV600/500 extenders.

So the solution in the end was to connect a laptop/PC to the Adapter (the box connected to your router) with an Ethernet cable and use tpPLC software to disable power saving. Additionally, installing the latest firmware for the Extender may help.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Intermittent Powerlink Connection on WPA7617
2021-12-29 03:14:25 - last edited 2021-12-29 03:15:28

Hello @WildChameleon 

Thank you very much for sharing solution here!

I will also leave a related FAQ about for unstable issue which contains the instructions for Disabling Power save mode & update firmware here:What should I do if connection is not stable when the device is connected to TP-Link Powerline Adapter?

Glad to hear that PA7010P KIT works fine right now, we usually suggest using Power line KIT of the same speed, for AV500/AV600, AV600/ AV1300 is more recommended as FAQ here:  How can I select the powerline device?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 552

Replies: 2

Related Articles