Connectivity issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connectivity issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connectivity issues
Connectivity issues
2022-01-10 18:36:20
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey there. I have been using the C200 for over a year now. Quite pleased of the build and recording quality but the major issue that I have with it is the constant restarting of the app on my tablet.

It keeps disconnecting from the internet router every single day. It says that the internet quality is bad, even though the router is at 2m away from the camera and the internet comes through optic fiber.

Also, when trying to record, as I am using it as a security camera, after a while, maybe 1-2 hours, it just freezes and I need to restart the app. The setup is made to record in a loop.

Not sure if these 2 issues are connected to the so called internet quality or are 2 separate problems.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connectivity issues
2022-01-11 02:50:26 - last edited 2022-01-11 02:54:59

@Bullan 

May I know the model of your phone and its Andriod or IOS version?

You could try some tips in FAQ here

How to check the network connection stability of a Tapo Camera

• Check the signal strength of a camera on Tapo APP
  • Check the delay between a camera and a phone on local network and ping camera IP  and share the ping results. 
  • Confirm Tapo APP and tapo camera are both up to date

Can you help confirm some details to help locate the issue: 

1) Model of your phone and its Android or IOS version 2)  when phone is connect to home Wi-Fi network do you have any freeze or internet bad warning 3)  can I have a photo of the error on Tapo APP 4) model of router & network topology: e,g, ISP XX Router Model XX <WiFi> camera , thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 246

Replies: 1

Related Articles