TL-PA8010P - Kicks me off internet and also seemingly all other devices in the house

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-PA8010P - Kicks me off internet and also seemingly all other devices in the house

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-19 11:37:16
Model: TL-PA8010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: TL-PA8010P(UK) 2.0_2.2.3_EN50561-1_0607

Hello,

I have been battling with these powerline adapters for almost 2 years now and only just found out that other people were having issues with them.

I use the power line adapter to simply extend the main BT wired router up into the back bedroom where my tower PC sits. My PC is a wired connection FYI. What tends to happen is that I will be using the PC and then randomly I will lose connection and get no internet. Sometimes this also affects all devices in the house, so my iPad will drop and so will Netflix etc. This happens maybe 5 times a week, sometimes it can happen 2-3 times a day, I see no pattern. Connection drops, then about 2-5 mins later it seems to fix itself and I have internet back again and all other devices are working in the house.

I am not the most knowledgable with networks, I see posts here from people who have tried all kinds of things, I can do bits and I understand network things on a very basic level.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this? I have recently just updated the firmware and whislt the upgrade went ok, its done nothing to improve the behavoir as the connection dropped again about 10 mins ago.

Thanks,

Ben.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-PA8010P - Kicks me off internet and also seemingly all other devices in the house
2022-01-19 15:34:40

@BenUK 

Also, perhaps I am being dumb here, but I am reading a lot of stuff about DHCP, however I dont know why you would want DHCP, certainly not in my scenario. I have the powerline adapter plugged into my ISP's router, so the ISP router will handle the DHCP aspect, why would I need that also on the powerline adapter? I basically want the powerline adapter to operate as a glorified patch cable. 

Options
Re:TL-PA8010P - Kicks me off internet and also seemingly all other devices in the house
2022-01-20 12:32:57

Hello @BenUK 

1.  Can I know did you add any new device in the house recently? Please follow the guide here to if there is any devicethat may affect the powerline environment. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/409/    

2. For 8/9 series powerline kit, try to enable "Lower PLC-to-VDSL" and check stability:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2027/

3. Try to disable power save mode and see if it helps:

How to enable/disable power saving mode on powerline adapters?

May I know House Led/LED Status when issue happen?  Can I have a photo of  powerline rate between 2 powerline units on tpPLC Utility

Thank you for confirming the details~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 407

Replies: 2

Related Articles