Tapo quad view on 5" tablet - lenovo android 7 crashes the app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-24 18:21:17 - last edited 2022-01-24 18:22:19

i have c110, c200 and c310 6 in all cameras on my net but I cant get a proper quad view of 4 cameras without the app crashing - and it takes forever to load up

Options
5 Reply
Re:Tapo quad view on 5" tablet - lenovo android 7 crashes the app
2022-01-25 00:50:20

Hello @Robintes 

Thank you for your valuable feedback. 

• Please try a different mobile device like your phone, does the quad view work fine on a different mobile
  • Confirm tapo APP is up-to-date, can you share a video / video shared link showing the issue? 

Which 4 cameras has been add to quad view, e.g.2* Tapo  C310V2 +2* Tapo  C200 V2  or not matter which 4 cameras will lead to this

May i have the model of Lenovo tablet device? Thank you. 

Options
Re:Tapo quad view on 8" tablet - lenovo android 7 crashes the app
2022-01-25 05:06:53

@Robintes Apologies the title should read 8"

Its a Lenovo TB 8304F1 running Android 7 Nougat

indeed it works fine on my moto g7 android 10 no problem and quick to load all 6 cams  3xC310, 2xc200, 1xC110

this may be a Lenovo tablet issue  1G ram 16G memory, all updated.

do i need more memory?

Is it an android issue?

Its a great application of an 8" tablet rather than squinting  a phone with 5.5" screen

Pity if I cant use quad display on a tablet

I am getting a 10.5" tablet (with cracked screen)  so that would make a cheap even better quad display

thanx for you attention

Robin

ps so far I am delighted with Tapo

I advise naysayers  to check Amazon for similar IP cams  and read all the users horror stories, product quality, reliability, App problems etc.  Once they got your money thay dont care and ca 10% buyers forced a return thru Amazon.  Lot of cowboy rubbish out there

Options
2022-01-26 08:48:50

Hello @Robintes 

Thank you for more case details, can I know does other APP crash on the same tablet? If so, its could be the issue on tablet. 

If not, can you share a video showing the issue, I will create a support email for your case, you could share the video on that email or send through private message. 

Options
2022-01-26 13:10:03

@Solla-topee 

other app?  what?

Tapo works on my mobile fine

it has ca 50G at its disposal

my tablet only started with 16G and more than half used so it seems like a memory problem.  I will put a 64 G card in and see how that works and report.

Options
2022-01-26 16:28:25 - last edited 2022-01-26 16:30:11

Further work I put an extra 64G in my lenovo tablet and re booted so the tablet recognizes and uses the full extra memory. i uninstalled Tapo and reinstalled fresh. powered up and tried for a quad view. Still the same problem, it works in portrait mode but when turning to landscape it freezes and eventually crashes. it is noticeably slow. I reset all cameras to low video storage 720p and now the app performs much faster and works in landscape fine. So its a problem with data rate/ tablets cant handle 1080p or higher. I could see how slow it was loading my c310 with 3MP set. now the quad view loads in a blink any explanation?

Options