Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

359 Reply
RE:Web UI Configuration
2024-03-10 00:36:40
This is a must have. A 6in phone screen with virtual keyword is terribly inefficient compared to a computer. I was literally about to by the x20 v3 on sale as an existing tp link customer looking to upgrade but am now looking at other models thanks to the absence of a web interface. I use port forwarding, fixed IPs for devices etc... and I can't see myself setting up 20 devices using my phone. A web interface is also extremely accessible both in the sense of customers with disabilities but also ease of access. You've probably lost a 10 year returning customer here.
Options
Re:Web UI Configuration
2024-03-10 00:51:10

@TP-Link I'm so glad I discovered this as I was jsut about to purchase the x20 v3s on sale. I have been a returning customer for 10 years and this put the nail in the coffin. I guess the majority don't care as they have not addressed the problem back to Netgear we go, shame as the product is physically well designed. Bye bye TP-Link, not that it matters but as the nerd in my world I'll also be referring others away from your products for much of the reasons mentioned.

Options
2024-03-14 15:20:02

@TP-Link Too bad I didn't find this page before buying the TP-Link Deco XE75 Mesh WLAN Set (Pack of 3). But I just bought it and haven't opened the box. I own a smartphone with an operating system which is not Android nor IOS (yes, there are very advanced smartphones running outside this duopoly) and your app is not compatible with my phone. I would never have imagined that an advanced product like this one is not multiplatform, that is it does not have a web interface that can be run in any operating system. What a world, everybody helping Google and Apple, even other companies.

Good that Amazon has a good return procedure. Look for my 1 star in the reviews.

Options
2024-03-15 17:58:00

@TP-Link 

The app is great and fairly easy to navigate (once familiar with the menus) but using the web interface on my laptop whilst talking on the phone to my provider technical support would be very helpful.

As a kludge, having an M1 MacBook I've been able to install the IOS app which seems functional.

And also, the password doesn't autofill on the webpage which is a hassle…

Options
2024-03-16 17:55:30

@TP-Link 

So far this thread gathered most votes to implement the web UI feature in the DECO routers. 154 votes in favor as of today.

why do you waste your time transforming the app from year to year as every message stresses the dissatisfaction about not having a real WEB UI.

"It is not planned" so just plan it! If you can't do it on this hardware beacause it is too weak to support the feature just say it and we'll understand. You are not giving any valid reason and this is very disrespectful to your customers. try to make an effort at least in you communication.

Options
2024-03-21 02:54:50

@TP-Link The time zones in the web interface are a joke. Under America it does not list any of the major 7 US cities in Central time zone. 

Options
2024-03-21 09:21:37

@TP-Link Look, i get it.  phone app is the "sexy-cool" thing that everyone wants with their hardware for setup and control.  Its easier to manage. its easier to pull stats from. It's just easier...for the developers and TP_Link....but, one glaring problem.  It is NOT easier for the end user who is taking this very high priced item into their home and expecting it to run not only smoothly, but perfectly at this price point. This new line of routers with WIFI 7 from Asus, TP_Link and Netgear that are priced with Mercedes Benz pricing in mind, HAVE GOT to have all of the bells and whistles in addition to screaming down the road at 140 K/h.  I was shocked to login to the router the first time through web and find ...well, NOTHING!  No parental controls, no advanced setup. No DNS configuration...no ability to view logs. You guys have GOT to add a fully featured web configuration tool to the system. Expecting me to have my phone on me is probably a safe bet...but as I get older, I sure as heck don't want to stare at a tiny screen to do this kind of configuration work.  The idea is to make the device fit the person using it.  Most people who want a high end router like this, definitely want a fully functional web config tool. Add in per user tracking ro at least connection logging to see what little johnny has been up to and this device will be unstoppable in the market. The true definition of highly capable but has all the bells and whistles too! For now, it just feels half done. Like the dev team punted in order to make a deadline. Like they saw what netgear was going to offer, and they rushed this out the door to not lose market share to netgear in the 6e, pre-7 market for wifi. tell me im wrong?

Options
2024-03-25 05:46:12

@TP-Link This is crazy. The moment you stop supporting the app (when not if), the hardware becomes a brick if Android or iOs changes something.

Also how do I disable remote access to the router? The app seems to be able to connect remotely which is a big red flag and attack vector. I can see why you would want to enable this, but I should have an option to disable remote access (did I miss it?)

For now I will be running it as an access point behind the old router which I had planned to replace with Deco :( At least I get a web interface and can block remote access.

I should have returned it when I first bought it, but waited too long :(

In the meantime have left an honest 'poor' review at Amazon.

Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2024-03-26 20:00:25
The app is unusable. My mew deco mesh arrived today, and I can't get it setup at all. The app disconnects every 5 seconds, and nothing works. I haven't had issues configuring any previous router or wifi ap with a web gui and no stupid idiot checks. It's easier to admin ws 2022 and linux over ssh via pc then setup this deco mesh. I'm tempted to send it back for a refund.
Options
2024-03-28 15:30:06

@TP-Link This is insane.. Do you know how hard it is to manage remote wifi's from an app on your phone? I use the x55 at my house and love it. It is AAF to mange it from the phone, but the real issue is I have clients who want to use the same device, but I have to tell them that I cannot login remotely to troubleshoot issues or make configuration changes  because there is no admin portal. 
It is insane that people have been complaining about this for years and your response is to quote someone who states setup was as simple as hitting "next next next"....

Options

Voters 190

+ 186 Voters