Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

363 Reply
Re:Web UI Configuration
2023-02-12 21:22:26

@TP-Link 

As if this will make a difference (I think the writing is on the wall and tp-link doesn't care), I also want a web ui for the deco series.

I *literally* was going to go buy a AX4300 Pro this afternoon, but then thought to myself "hmmm...  wonder what the web setup/interface looks like".

Ended up here, saw the replies and guess what?  No need to go out to BB in the wind and wet because IT DOESN'T HAVE ONE!!!

Lost my business on this one, tp-link.   :-(

-moyesusa

Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2023-02-12 21:23:40
Absolutely want/need advanced Web UI feature.
Options
2023-02-19 11:36:02

@TP-Link The products are great, but please please please let us do advanced config via the web brower! this would add so much value to the deco range.

Options
2023-02-22 10:54:30
Web interface is a must. Seeing and typing on a phone is painful. Yes it was great for initial setup, but that was it.
Options
2023-02-22 20:18:31

@TP-Link Please add the web interface to TP-Link Deco series, or you will lose the actual and future clients.

Options
2023-02-22 20:22:53
Add the WEB Interface!
Options
2023-02-28 19:30:43

@TP-Link proper web interface functionality is desperately needed. In the event of network configuration issues that prevent the deco from connecting, it makes the processing of fixing it absolutely maddening because you need to get the Deco connected to the internet to change the config via the app (which is a catch-22 if that change is for the root cause of the connectivity problem). Please fix this and give us non-internet-connected access to configurations via web browser!

Options
2023-03-03 14:40:15

@TP-Link 

My reason for wanting a PC, web based interface is simple. No phone manufacturer currently makes a device with a 40" screen. I am visually impaired and simply can't see my phone screen well enough. Also, it seems TP-Link won't create a "dark mode" for the app which would help a little. Why the light gray lettering on white? I have to use a magnifying glass on my phone screen just to use the app. A little ADA help please.

Options
2023-03-04 13:09:52

Yep Web UI is very much needed, pretty frustating having to work on my phone when theres an issue on my home network and we couldnt figure out if its an issue with the ISP, the cabling to the decos from my pfsense, or the deco itself since it wouldnt really give a really helpful error message on why is it not working (please do remember that these decos would need to connect to their own servers, we cant configure them to use our own controller like what we can do with Un**i!) and even worse since i cant really configure anything through the WebUI other than upgrade my firmware, i had to set my decos to work on access point mode and hey atleast it works now but wait, if you think my pain with these decos are over well i can assure you, you were dead wrong. as of the first time my brother recommended this router to my parents saying stuff like "we can setup these router as mesh and these router wouldnt need a ethernet backhaul to run!" i had reminded him of the issues that would probably occur if we continue and use decos, and huwala almost all of them (or atleast all of them as of what i can remember) had happened, including the constant ping spikes after decos are installed without ethernet backhaul to 1 of the decos (ping would spike from >1 ms to 200+ms when pinging my router's gateway ip) and basically a pretty much unusable router that i can now only use as an access point with a not so configurable settings and no option to setup local controller backup / entirely use a local hosted controller which i can understand now since how tplink's mindset for this product is just "Make it easily configurable for the non tech savvy and make it as painful as possible for those tech enthusiast that knows how to setup a router through the web interface!"

TL;DR my recommendation is to stay away from buying this router whenever u can, refund the router if possible, even if you wanted to install openwrt on it as of the time im writing this message its currently still a work in progress by the openwrt community, the webui itself is pretty poor with the only time u would access it in this state is just to flash a new firmware on it (please note that the webui itself basically looks like its not really optimised for doing much work done through the webui and looks like its made to be used by a children and not a person who would configure a router, hence the existence of a Router WebUI!) 

at this point we're on our own, theres probably not much chance TP-Link are actually going to listen to us the consumer as long as it wouldnt benefit then in some way, Remember, They are a corporate! they will always seek a profit!

Options
2023-03-07 06:24:54

This is completely unacceptable.  The people who are buying your hardware are literally telling you over and over that the phone app is not what is wanted. It is not useful and provides for a poor experience. If I had known that I would not be able to configure my network equipment without using my phone I would never have purchased this. Good thing I got it from Costco. I can take it back no questions asked. How absurd that you would demand your customers use an app on a phone to manage a network device like this. This is completely unacceptable.  The people who are buying your hardware are literally telling you over and over that the phone app is not what is wanted. If I had known that I would not be able to configure my network equipment without using my phone I would never have purchased this. Good thing I got it from Costco. I can take it back no questions asked. How absurd that you would demand your customers use an app on a phone to manage a network device like this.

null wrote

I tried the XE5300 and as an individual with a visual impairment, I could not use the iOS app to effectively configure the device. I was able to get it online with sighted assistance, but beyond that the app was virtually impossible to use. This means I have no ability to configure QOS, DHCP reservations, or other more advanced features. THe web UI, which is limited, was almost as inaccessible as the app. I use VoiceOVer on the iOS and macOS platforms.

I was very disappointed in the Deco app, which I had hoped would be fully accessible. I suspect this app is not a native iOS app, so the web UI would have been an alternative option. I am probably going to return the Deco for this reason alone.

Unfortunately, the Netgear Orbi app and ERO app are probably the most accessible options. I opened a ticket with TP-Link support, but I suspect this issue will get little attention in the near future.

TP-Link wrote

The initial plan of the Deco Whole Mesh system is to configure via Deco APP as we hope to provide a super-easy installation and non-high tech required experience.

Due to this commitment, Deco APP allows us to quickly and easily install Mesh Wi-Fi System by just following the step-by-step set-up wizard. Some users commented, ”This thing literally holds your hand through the full setup. 99% of people will hit next, next, next, and you are on the internet” which is just what we want.

Next, Deco App allows monitoring the home Wi-Fi from anywhere without bringing a laptop and making changes right from your smartphone or tablet. So as long as taking your smartphone with you, the home network activity is under your control.

Then, with a few taps on the APP, the advanced features, like Parental Control, Port Forwarding, and QoS are ready to go.

Moreover, when it comes to firmware upgrades, the Deco APP will automatically push a message when new firmware is ready. All you need to do is click “Update Deco”.

While, with the time going on, we gradually received some feedback that users hope Deco could be configured via web UI or more advanced features could be configured on the web interface. Unfortunately, there has been no plan to add these features yet.

But we are open to any feedback and would be appreciated it if you could let us know why you prefer web configuration to APP setup. So we would collect more brilliant ideas which might be taken into consideration along with the future APP upgrade.

Thank you very much for your attention and please feel free to comment below.

@TP-Link 

Options

Voters 192

+ 188 Voters