Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

314 Reply
Re:Web UI Configuration
2023-03-07 06:26:15

@whywontulisten

This is completely unacceptable.  The people who are buying your hardware are literally telling you over and over that the phone app is not what is wanted. If I had known that I would not be able to configure my network equipment without using my phone I would never have purchased this. Good thing I got it from Costco. I can take it back no questions asked. How absurd that you would demand your customers use an app on a phone to manage a network device like this.

I suggest you make a plan.

Options
2023-03-07 06:32:08

@TP-Link This is completely unacceptable.  The people who are buying your hardware are literally telling you over and over that the phone app is not what is wanted. If I had known that I would not be able to configure my network equipment without using my phone I would never have purchased this. Good thing I got it from Costco. I can take it back no questions asked. How absurd that you would demand your customers use an app on a phone to manage a network device like this. going back in the box tomorrow and returing it. its a shame too because it was nice and easy to set up initially with the phone but I need to be able to manage the devices on my network without using my phone an logging into an applicaiton on my phone.

Options
2023-03-11 10:18:55

@whywontulisten 

yes !!!! A Plan, at least let's start by achieving this first step.

and for all contributors, don't forget to vote for the topic, complaining won't be enough to make things happen. Vote, vote, vote! smileyyes

cheers.

Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2023-03-15 21:02:59 - last edited 2023-03-15 21:05:26

Needed to administer the product offline. It is also one feature that is needed when the cloud app gets EOL. As a user even with businesses it is up to those who use it who can say if they can retire the product as they see fit.

Options
2023-03-16 20:28:59

@TP-Link Please prioritize this.

I was about to furnish my home with Deco X60's but I will either hold for a few weeks more or just go with something else entirelly, like Asus, at least they provide full functionality.

Options
2023-03-20 14:41:30

@TP-Link Is there any update on this

Options
2023-03-25 19:10:23

@TP-Link 

If I have to use your app to configure my network - not buying.

If I have to use your cloud to manage my home - not buying.

Simple as that - I was about to buy 4 units.

I want a secure self contained environment that a remote company can't disable my access to.

Options
2023-03-25 19:11:11
Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look at those. I'm not buying from a company that doesn't give me a self contained solution.
Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2023-03-25 23:55:45
Please add this feature. If I'd know that I had to use the app for any configuration, I would have made a different choice. I am still considering returning my deco mesh.
Options
2023-03-31 00:36:03

@TP-Link Just got my Deco X20. The app is beyond frustrating. Not only I am stuck with an app??? The UI is awful, there are essentially no options. There is a notion of owner??? The other APs just registered by themselves, how is that secure? I had to set the entire thing as a router to begin with, wasting previous time to finally be able to set it AP mode. It tries to sell me services, the update was considered as a security risk, this entire thing makes me regret buying this. I was aware I would be stuck with an app, but reviewers are tons more tolerant than I am, because I am furious at the moment.

Options

Voters 172

+ 168 Voters