Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

350 Reply
RE:Web UI Configuration
2023-10-13 07:28:24
For more extended configuration add a Web GUI. What will happen when TP-LINK doesn't support the app or specific mobile OS.
Options
Re:Web UI Configuration
2023-10-18 20:38:07

@TP-Link 1) I hate being tethered to a cell phone. 2) Maybe I should say my wifes because I use a flip phone because of it's size, super inexpensive $99/ year service, and all I need is a "phone". 3) By doing this you make owning a cell phone a requirement to use your product which be prominently displayed on not just yours but every product. I've experienced this with other products to, especially security cameras. I like your product but this is frustrating. I just moved my router and had to unhook it and now I'm sitting here waiting for my wife to get home without tv or VOIP phone service or obviously internet. I also missed a telehealth appointment I waited 6 weeks for because of this. I'm pretty certain the only reason it's hard to come up with a solution is because it was designed to be reliant on a cell phone.

Options
2023-10-18 21:17:13 - last edited 2023-10-18 21:19:28

@TP-Link 

102 votes and 17 pages of comments calling for a web UI... blows the other 3 accepted requests out of the water.

Are @TP-Link still keeping their heads firmly in the sand to the blatant lack of foresight @Kevin_Z  & @David-TP ???

Options
2023-10-19 20:20:17

@TP-Link Obviously you have an API that you use with your commercial ISP accounts and which drives your app. Could you just let the community have access to it? I for one would be willing to sign a support waiver in exchange for access. You would sell many more units if you did this.

The app is fine for someone who is doing a greenfield wifi only deployment, but many customers are looking for more.

Or support a project like Fresh Tomato with a binary distribution of plugins specific to Deco.

Options
2023-10-28 12:22:37

@TP-Link I've waited over a year as still no WebUI. Clearly whoever is in charge of this horrible p1ss poor decision has never worked a day in their life doing networking. Seriously who thought this was a good idea? Lmao. I'm over this sh1tty company and am switching brands... any brand is better at this point because guess what.... WEBUI :O

Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2023-11-03 21:20:54
Please, please please.
Options
2023-11-06 17:51:17 - last edited 2023-11-06 17:52:32

@TP-Link 

Just ordered (literally 3 hours ago!) a brand new set of 3 Decos (S7) for my house, which will arrive tomorrow. I'm sssoooooooooooo glad I stumbled across this thread (heck, I've even registered on purpose to reply here) as that way I can simply return the Decos without opening the box and potentially face issues with the device's return.

I wouldn't do that if:

- I could configure it all via a web GUI of some sorts

- I wouldn't be forced to create an account

Too bad, the tech seems to have good reviews, but seriously, having to create an account and installing an app to manage my own internal network? please.... not even your own powerline adapters require an app (youo can use it, yes, but I can configure all aspects of my TP-Link powerline via the web interface).

It's like TP-link are "pulling an NVIDIA on us" (this is a reference to NVIDIA's Windows driver software requiring an account for the simple task of fetching driver updates, go figure). Good ridance...

Options
2023-11-06 18:13:26

@dmmm05 @TP-Link Wise choice. Hit em in the pockets until they fix this.

Options
2023-11-09 02:27:54

@Jlong1961 I completely agree, my mother is elderly and completely computer illiterate, although we have her house setup with lots of IoT and integrated with google etc, she get her internet converted to a provider with TP link, and she is without all of her conveniences because i cannot get to HER HOME with MY CELL to configure ports and other necessary items, including the camera system we use for well being checks because the router interface is completely void of admin features. this "money saving" venture has turned into a massive logistical hassle, that i don't see an end to in the near future.. as it stands my first thought process is to get an android device on her network that i can remote into to be able to do what i should be able to do out of the box.

Options
2023-11-14 13:02:51

So... they did this only to take your location when configuring by app?

Options

Voters 186

+ 182 Voters