Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

331 Reply
Re:Web UI Configuration
2023-11-16 14:56:35

@TP-Link Adding to the request for full configuration via laptop Vs phone app. Please!

Options
2023-11-16 15:12:49 - last edited 2023-11-16 15:13:42

@TP-Link its been over a year and a half, and they still havent done a single thing to implement this, in spite of almost 200 posts begging for this..

I'm done with TP Link/Deco, and if you think this will ever be addressed, you will be waiting for years, if ever..

so many other choices out there, if you want to be able to actually configure your network properly, dont buy their products

there is a reason why their stuff is so cheap...

Options
2023-11-16 15:34:42 - last edited 2023-11-16 15:35:57

@wase4711 Agreed - @tplink doesn't care. 

To your point, the Asus AIMesh system I switched to works SO MUCH BETTER.

RT-AX88U Pro - Main router (New Best Buy $299)

RT-AC68P - Upstairs node (Ebay find for $20) 

RT-AC1900P - Garage node (Ebay find for $20)

Way more coverage and speed than the Deco units, much easier to conifgure, options for aftermarket firmware (Merlin on all units), AND A WEB INTERFACE WITH THE OPTION FOR A MOBILE APP....  someone at Asus was thinking in the right direction. ;)

You could probably do this setup cheaper than I did.  I wanted the AX88U Pro as my main router for my homelab.  It provides a 2.5Gb WAN and LAG/LACP on LAN ports 1&2.

If nothing else from here on, we can make this thread a helpful one.  Letting people know about better setups.

Options
2023-11-16 15:42:49 - last edited 2023-11-16 15:43:03

@Bl0ndeAmbiti0n 

Completely agree on this. I also think we should suggest each other alternate options for DECO unit as a mesh setup. I have been waiting for them to responde on the web ui for almost 5 months now. Luckily I bought the AXE5300 from Costco where I can return within 1 year. And I am thinking to do that if they do not come up with a web ui in next few months.

Options
2023-11-16 16:12:29

@TP-Link 18 pages of replies and still no response from   @TP-Link who has asked the question initially.   @TP-Link, will you ever respond to these messages? Are you even taking this seriously ? Could you please show us a sign that someone over there is actually reading these at the very least? Or possibly tell us if you will ever consider implementing this or not so we won't waste our time? For me personally, I've stopped buying Tp-link products for now. Not just because of this product, but also the new direction you're forcing your users to have cloud accounts for functionality AND more importantlyu how your products rely on online services that goes away in time. If I won't be able to use a filtering system after 3 years, when the service dies or updates and my product do not support the new updates then whyb would I set it up in the first place? I don't want to change everything I setup everywhere just because you've implemented a solution that can be local just as easily but now relies on a web service that may change or go away? So, in short @TP-Link, could you please deem us with a reply to show that you are at least reading these? 

Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2023-11-16 16:13:27
implement it of course.
Options
2023-11-16 16:14:19

@TP-Link I went asus ET12, blows away anything tp link /deco offers and of course a fantastic, full featured WEB INTERFACE

Options
2023-11-17 04:48:14 - last edited 2023-11-17 05:51:36

@gokkor 

@wase4711 

Hi, We do check the feature request section and update certain features' status if they have been implemented along with firmware upgrades regularly.

But for web UI configuration, since we started the post, its status has remained unchanged--there hasn't been a plan to complement the web UI configuration. Deco Mesh is mainly designed for APP control.

If web management is essential for you, there are many alternatives. A standard router in our Archer Series is what you might need and we also have OneMesh/EashMesh system for your service.

You might feel frustrated why we won't just reply this will never happen. It is out of bounds from being the technical support. But we want to avoid the endless waiting and complaints as well, so we will update the information that we have been informed of, and advise the users to make their own choice.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-11-17 08:54:56 - last edited 2023-11-17 08:55:56

@David-TP 

Thank you for your honesty.

Please inform your colleagues from the relevant sector that they made a huge mistake in creating this needless product segment split, and should just listen to their users and fix this with a firmware update.

Please inform them that this choice they made is actually counter-productive even for non-techie home usage (I have posted previously touching a few reasons why this is the case, others also mentioned relevant points)

DECO's physical design and mesh wifi characteristics are uniquely interesting in the TP-Link routers portfolio, but those unique positive traits are a bait in a trap as long as they are bundled with this mess of an app-based + mandatory-cloud-account + mandatory-internet-before-configs design they came up with to manage the otherwise perfect hardware

Options
2023-11-17 22:28:47

@TP-Link there are still home users who like to configure more and not only use the app (imho).

Also some advanced features which are easier to configure via a webui (or double check via the app:

- a fixed ip address of the device (in case you want control in your house of which device is what)

- ping watch dog that was configurable in previous devices

- wireless security settings that at least you know what is really configured

- snmp agent

Now, I have the feeling I bought the wrong product, not knowing that this was only controllable via the app and not via a webbased interface for the more advanced users.

Options

Voters 178

+ 174 Voters