Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

342 Reply
Re:Web UI Configuration
2024-04-01 19:01:02

@Hani_N  @Support @tplink 

I AGREE!!

The cloud has been nothing but problems for me.  A bad firmware update broke my network.  So the only way I could recover was reset to factory and recreate my network.  Now their the cloud will occasionally show me my old and new and get them mixed up.  Which breaks my network again.  I have been trading emails with tech support and took 3 months to elevate my ticket to the top guys.  He claims he removed the extra old network from my cloud.

I got fed up with the management of the Decos so I built my own OPNsense router and changed from router mode to access point mode.  Once again it shows me as having 2 networks and still giving me problems.  The Deco cloud has been nothing but a pain.  I set it up and works beautifully then the Deco AI or gremlins mess with it suddenly it is down again.  I reboot daily and monitor how my network is running.  I find out node 3 has a poor signal I run the optimization to see if it will fix it.  It doesn't so I try and move the Deco to another spot for better signal.  Works great! 

Upgrade the network from M5 to X55 to the main and removed the old M5.  The cloud still thinks the M5 is the main when it is clearly not in the app.  Again it is showing me as having 2 identical networks with the same hardware but different routers set as Main.

Got fed up and deleted my old network and restarted with new network, new main, let's see how long it is before the cloud confuses that with the previous 4 generations I have used.

The really sad part is I bought my sister identical setup.  The absolute most basic network no static address, no port forwarding, and hers has worked from day one.  Except when the firmware needs a manual install I can do from home and she is good to go.  My network uses static address, port forwarding for gaming, and wired backhand for all nodes but one that is impossible to connect to.

Options
2024-04-01 19:13:21

@SRM-Wash nope, they dont give a sheet about interacting with their customers anymore, and their support is now the worst in the industry, even worse than netgear

tell everyone you know about them, I have stopped recommending their stuff to anyone, and told every one of my friends/clients/associates to avoid their garbage like the plague.

Return their junk if you can, or get rid of it via ebay/offer up/the garbage can

what a horrible company they have become

Options
2024-04-02 03:41:55

Cool new infosec take on the security of the deco's cloud login:

https:// www . helpnetsecurity . com/ 2024/03/29/cloud-based-identity-management/

Options
2024-04-08 14:18:42

@TP-Link Agree that this is still a "must have" - even for non-technical people. Some of the basic tasks in a mobile app are very cumbersome. Especially when setting up a new network, having to painfully go back and forth between screens, filters, and sorting options, which is painful in a mobile app/screen.

Please bring over at least some of the admin tasks to the web interface to some capacity. 

Thank you

Options
2024-04-09 01:01:23

@TP-Link just lost my phone, how do i access the router now while waiting for a new phone replacement?

Options
2024-04-09 09:31:44

@akng 

Options
2024-04-11 18:00:15
I highly understand why Tp Link chose to use this Deco App. Based on my assumption is that they don't want the community to find out loopholes or exploit to flash open sourced firmware on their newest lineup . So far the only open sourced firmwares are only available for a few decos series and wifi6 routers. but regardless ,i personally feels that WebUI should be renabled back for advanced uses as it is supposedly a feature part of it.
Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2024-04-11 19:27:46
Deco app is great but for advanced users its pain in longer run Please add web gui with full access to configuration options
Options
2024-04-12 11:47:17

@TP-Link I am currently using Google Nest wifi and was about to switch over to the Deco range either the BE65 or the BE85, but after seeing this thread I think I'll have to go with another system instead.  Having a good web admin is essential, as other have said what happens if I something happens to my phone?  Being able to jump onto a browser to admin a network is basic functionailty, I was actually really suprised and disappointed to find out that it's not something I'm able to do with such an impressive system.

It's been years and still no movement on this so I'm guessing it's never going to change.  Looks like I'll have to go with a differnet system.

Options
2024-04-14 03:20:24

@TP-Link It's amazing how a brand like TP-Link is becoming more decadent simply by not listening. Yes, I know that others like Netgear are adopting the same method of controlling the router through a mobile application, but that does not mean that you are not doing the right thing.

I must say that I don't have many complaints about my Deco XE75 Pro, but calling a device Pro just for adding a 2.5Gbps Ethernet port seems absurd to me. When I bought these devices, I thought that being Pro I could have access to the router through a web page to configure everything easier.

Adding 30+ devices to IP addresses reserved through the mobile app is a pain in the a****.

You also do not have the option of doing a speed test in the application itself, from the router. It makes no sense to commit to creating a mobile application and at the same time expect that everyone has a computer at home with an Ethernet cable to run speed tests.

I also cannot disable the DHCP server to use a device other than the router on my network for that purpose. The DHCP range has to be from x.x.x.10 to x.x.x.250 because you want...

I have to receive notifications from the Discover section because you want them to and I don't have the option to turn that off.

Better to remove the basic parental control, in the end it is too basic and I am not going to pay for something that should be by default.

And like this, other small details that make me regret buying these Deco more every day. Although I have until April 25 to return them, so that may be what I do. I hope you listen and can correct these things, but you can be convinced of one thing: I will never buy anything from TP-Link again.

Options

Voters 182

+ 178 Voters