Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

363 Reply
RE:Web UI Configuration
2024-04-27 06:13:20
According to the cost of latest Deco-family hardware (Wifi7) I want to have normal non-cutted Web UI interface, which is much more simple to support for your developers, then the Deco app.
Options
Re:Web UI Configuration
2024-04-27 15:27:32

@TP-Link hey man! As you said full Control  of tplink web-based ui you Don't allow to customers to get it as administration purposes,  But mind it that TP link will loss of their customers if they've this silly idea.  What happened to me using this Deco product that i have had a bad experience is that I'm gonna explain now __ here in my region, for 2.4ghz the best channels are 1,6 & 11 that doesn’t  overlap  but deco always stay connected using different channels which are most congested and busy, as a result the signal strength can't go farther and drop at around 12 to 16 feet that i discovered using different apps/method moving around my environmen,, so manually channel and its width selection is urgent necessary. This issue could be solved if there was a chance to get its web-based administration but Alas!! Bulshit! This TPLINK's Vogue and silly idea that they don’t have a plan yet to allow customers get admin power of their Deco products, We don’t be quiet anymore this is because of our patience  that is over.  We all customers  planning  to critise about Deco all over the social platforms not to buy  tp link deco product if the management team don’t allow us to get administration and full control of deco settings..  Thanks! 

Options
2024-04-27 17:23:22

@TP-Link I would prefer a web UI because I prefer using a laptop or PC with a mouse and keyboard rather than an mobile device for most things. My computers have large, easy to read monitors. Mobile devices have small screens and are not ergonomical when you have to hold a heavy device in one hand and tap with another. On a PC with a web UI, I can easily multi-task, taking notes in another application or searching for troubleshooting information, for example. Using a mobile app is restrictive to use. I had previously purchased a TP-Link Omada Gigabit VPN Router and I was incredibly impressed by the easy-to-manage web UI, so much so that I ditched my clunky Netgear router and thought the TP-Link Deco would have a similar experience. I hope you revise plans and provide a web UI in the future. So far, after setting everything up, I'm very happy with the Deco mesh system, but the lack of a web UI is curious.

Options
2024-05-03 02:16:39

@TP-Link Well, consider me another new TP Link customer and very quickly former customer.  I purchased a Deco system.  Reading through the documentation all I could find was how to use the app to setup the device.  Came here looking for info about how to access the web management interface.  And like so many others I found out there isn't one.  What a load of absolute garbage.  This thing is getting packed back up and sent back to Amazon.  Back to NetGear I go and will never ever purchase another TP Link product.

Options
2024-05-08 20:53:34

Absurd decision making. Lazy. Extremely frustrated to find out a mobile app is required to configure this expensive device. Packing up and returning.

Options
2024-05-08 20:54:10
Deliver the bare minimum, fools.
Options
2024-05-09 21:17:38
It's really simple. Give the device a web admin page like every cheap router since 2004 has been offering.
Options
2024-05-09 23:09:06

@TP-Link I am very disappointed with the lack of a web UI and am returning my units. It was dumb of you to assume allow of your customers are dumb.

Options
2024-05-13 10:43:30
This is a good product hobbled but a ridiculous self imposed limitation of having to use the mobile app for any level of configuration beyond the basics. Debating returning after less than 24 hours because as you've heard in almost every previous reply here this is the most basic of functionality (a web based admin UI that isn't crippled to the point of not being usable) that should be included on day 1.
Options
2024-05-13 16:31:41

@TP-Link

We might as well be talking to a wall! These people are not listening to us and furthermore they don't give a rat's behind about our complaints or concerns. In fact I doubt anyone from tp-link is reading or monitoring this thread. They are perfectly satisfied to have sold this POS mesh all over the world to people who don't know how to find an ethernet port on a router without a diagram even if their life depended on it. There is also the aspect of being able to keep your private network data on their cloud servers. Has it occured to anyone what they are doing with this data? Do yourselves a favor, just return your prodcut if you are still able to do so and buy something else. I retuned mine and got this instead, has a full unrestricted web UI: ASUS ZenWiFi AX6600 Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System (XT8 2PK) - Whole Home Coverage up to 5500. Yes it is a bit more expensive but for those of us who are professional network folks and want to be in control of what is installed on our network, it is well worth it. I am completely done with tp-link and free of their nonsense.

Options

Voters 192

+ 188 Voters