what Android display device do you recommend to use with Tapo - which chipset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-11 07:41:22

Given the vital importance of this topic - I fear it is being trivialised

Whats the point of live security video if its unstable and unreliable because of the Android display

FYI gpu performance is not discussed in the android world (unlike PCs).  Its all to do with chipsets and RAM apparently

Most ordinary phone go with 1Mb ram and 8G memory (which quickly fills as the android OS take over 4G)

More expensive Tablet can go to 3Mb +16G with option for sd to 256G but you could be looking at £1000+

I have resorted to the lowest res 720p and dismissed Quad view as an unworkable gimick that doesnt hold up for very long

I can get a working system but only at the lowest res with one cam/tablet only

If any user can do better than this bring it on here

I get the impression that Tapo wasonly meant as a gimmick toy for smart phones to take a quick peek and their houses over the Web (subscription model).  But notice this usage is only momentary compared to 24hr surveillance.

Its a pity that the TPL brand should be spoilt by vastly over boastful claims for Tapo video performance on Android because there is some good kit there at a seriously good budget (eg compare the ptz C200 - £30 with main cctv brands £500-1000)

So despite my complaints I am still a strong supporter

Robinlaugh

Options
1 Reply
Re:what Android display device do you recommend to use with Tapo - which chipset
2022-02-14 03:18:54

Hello  @Robintes 

I'm afraid we do not have a list of Android devices/ chipset for recommendation so far. As you wish to upgrade the device to stream 4* cameras, personally I think you could consider the devices with a powerful GPU/CPU within the budget, it would be better if the device could handle 4K/8K video playback. For further questions, I'm suggesting replying on the support email TKID220130752, so our seniors could take a look at that directly. Thank you for your understanding. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 510

Replies: 1

Related Articles