Vr2800 3G /4g

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Vr2800 3G /4g

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Vr2800 3G /4g
Vr2800 3G /4g
2022-02-17 17:46:00
Model: Archer VR2800v  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Up to date

So trying to use 3/4g dongle, 

unable to get it to work . When plugged in it finds it and then after a few mins the router freezes. And you can't do anything with it :( 

unplug it and it all starts working. 
tryed it as a back up and using just 3/4g and does the same 

thought it might be dongle so brought a new one and check listing for right one and it does the same :/ 

and idea ? 
when it's plugged in before it freezes it shows it's connected to new work ( mobile ) 

but will not give me any internet through router 

:/ 

help please 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Vr2800 3G /4g
2022-02-17 20:59:28
Hi, if you are in Germany, there is the availability of the new version released in January 2022, where it says "Release note : Fixed a NetUSB-protocol vulnerability. "And nothing else. Try updating to this version, maybe it will solve the problem (even if I honestly have my doubts!) I can't help you too much because in Italy thanks to TP-link, we are still stop at the 2019 BETA version ... (TP-LINK SHAME!) UPDATE ------------------------------- Tried the German version (it was only possible because I have a VDSL, otherwise with the B / J protocol you can't go anywhere because we use the Annex A protocol in ADSL) and doesn't let me connect to their Cloud, it tells me what name and password are incorrect (Meanwhile, a repetear 605X works with the same credentials), and still every now and then the 5 Ghz WI-FI and leaves you and goes for a ride if you turn off and on, come back ... you can't use the old configuration because the modem also freezes there ..... and they are still not ashamed after having made us pay a Rene and having made fun of us, they are still not happy!
Options
2022-02-18 08:24:32

Hi, @PasKy  I don’t think what you said was related to the current issue.

@sdsds I see the title is VR2800, while the selected model is VR2800V, so may I know which one is your model number?

Can I have the model number of your 3/4G dongle?

When you said “the router freezes and you can't do anything with it”, do you mean no internet service and can I have more details about it?

Are you still able to log into the web UI of VR2800?

After unplugging the dongle and everything back to normal, are you able to export the system log from the modem and send it to me?

By the way, May I know who Is your internet service provider?

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-02-18 10:27:31
... it is a general problem that has been repeatedly reiterated, and that there was nothing to be done, starting from the much advertised speed at 2167 on 5 Mhz and 160Mhz of band opening, which never happened and I still have stamped on the sales package, to the problems with the ITA version of 2019 where the 5 Ghz continuously release, even if reduced, which remained in the 2022 version, the total block of the modem with the previous configuration so as to force a reset from the hole pinhole, the non-connection with the Cloud that warns you that the account does not exist, while at the same time and quietly connected a 605X without problems and this only in a week of use, and I am told that it has nothing to do with the discussion , I say that the problem may be slightly different, this does not exclude TP-Link from fixing the problems on Archer 2800v because it has been going on like this for years, and Tp-Link that I have to stop making fun of us, not me who I regularly p a product like many others and always with operating problems that are often never solved!
Options
2022-02-21 17:50:19
Hi , give me a clue how i send the log to you ?? as its over 1000 letters .. router is a vr2800 v1 model of dongle ZTE MF823 and i tryed a Huawei ( vodafone ) both do the same i can be loged in to UI and it works then it freezes unable to do anything and then it cant find router on local network , when i unplug dongle it all comes back up . this can be as just 3g or using it as a back up ( eg unplug phone ) and it does the same thing isp is plus net
Options
2022-02-21 20:22:03
... hello, sorry but I don't know if you are saying to me, or to TP-LINK assistance, I can also advise you if you use the VR2800 instead of the 2800v, ​​if you are in Germany then no, but if you are in the EU or Australia, on the Australian site (Honestly, I don't understand anything more about why in that Region we are in the EU not for the software that fixes the cve for NetUsb, yet it doesn't change much ... mha!) You will find the new version of January 2022, flash that and see if the problem has been fixed .... N.B. If you are in Australia the software is ok, if in other countries, especially if you use ADSL, make sure that the Annex protocol specific to your ISP is supported, otherwise you risk a non-connection, if instead you are in VDSL then you can try it safely because in case of problems you can downgrade to the previous version, all provisionally pending the release of the Official version for the countries in which we are located. P.P.S. In the meantime, if you have encountered a problem, I suggest you open a ticket with the assistance of your country (I remind you that if you are in the EU, generally the TP-LINK warranty is three years!)
Options
2022-02-25 10:40:46

@sdsds 

Hi, we have created a support ticket for your case and you could reply to the email with the whole system log file(not pictures).

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 6

Related Articles