OneMesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OneMesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
OneMesh
OneMesh
2022-04-10 17:28:41 - last edited 2022-06-23 10:19:12
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

I just got a new ax1500 router and I already own archer a6. Now from I read before I got the archer a6, it supports onemesh. But now that I am trying to setup both ax1500 and archer a6, I just couldn't make them work on onemesh. My a6 btw is hw v3 and fw is 1.0.14.

Is the a6 really onemesh compatible? And if not, is the best setting I can do is make it an ap?

Options
5 Reply
Re:OneMesh
2022-04-11 06:05:46

@HanSam 

Hello, this has been answered here below:

Onemesh between two routers

So I would suggest you contact the reseller where you purchased the router to exchange for a Onemesh range extender or powerline adapter to build up a Onemesh network. Below are the Onemesh devices:

TP-Link OneMesh Devices List

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-04-11 06:06:02

@HanSam

You can't have two routers in OneMesh - Read this FAQ - Q10/A10.

But you could use the A6 in AP mode for sure.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-04-11 07:43:27

@Kevin_Z 

Welp, assumption bit my ass again. Without reading I just thought that once it says one mesh compatible, it will work.

Seeing however that this has been a feature everyone likes for two years now, are there amy plans of rolling out that feature? 

Options
2022-04-11 10:19:56

@terziyski do you think they are purposely not letting or more routers be a part of one big mesh? I mean routers are better than REs. 

Options
2022-04-11 12:13:02 - last edited 2022-04-11 14:17:40

@HanSam 

Check this feature request and you'll find your answers.

There's a new upcoming mesh standard - EasyMesh - I think that the focus would be shifted there.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 756

Replies: 5

Related Articles