New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping

New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping

2022-04-29 13:22:19 - last edited 2022-08-19 01:24:57
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I bought a replacement phone for my Samsung Galaxy S8, the new Galaxy A53 5G. Already out of the box performing the installation I couldn't get a connection to my Wifi Mesh network (Deco X60). Once in a while it did actually connect but not for long and when disconnected it often coulnd't reconnect again. After being very patient I finally made it through the whole setup process, but the connections still dropped.

On my S8 (still works fine apart from battery life) I have no problems at all. Also my wife's phone (S9) and my 4 daughters (S8 and 3 diffferent Iphones) experience no problems with the wifi whatsoever. All the other objects (Smart-tv, e-reader, Chromecasts, etc) work fine as do my work-laptop and my wife's. We've got the Deco X60 Mesh network running since august 2021.

Of course I tried to find out what it could be, so I ran a lot of tests, trying ever 'switch' in the settings. Because I thought my new phone was the problem I even reset it to factory default and reran the whole setup again, but still the same problem. Eventually I set up a second wifi-network with my old router and to my surprise I had no problems connecting to that wifi at all. The new A53 isn't the problem, its wifi works fine and fast (run several tests) but the connection to my Deco X60 is the problem.

I've posted this same problem on the Samsung Members forum, and a guy told me to post my problem here for he has had the exact same problem and an alternative Firmware version was the solution for him. So hopefully it will work for me to. Where can I get such alternative firmware?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
[Solution] New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping-Solution
2022-06-28 03:30:04 - last edited 2022-12-20 01:05:09
We found some of our community users report that the Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wi-Fi on Deco X20 V1.2/Deco X60 V2, and the connection keeps dropping a lot, especially on the 5GHz. While other Samsung phones/TVs are working just fine. Here We want to share some available solutions within our community and hope they would help.

Available Solutions:

• Samsung engineers have located the problem, and new firmware for A53 will be released later to improve this issue. It is suggested to wait for the software upgrade.

• Before the firmware is finally released, it is also suggested to enable Guest Network for the 2.4GHz only with a different SSID, then connect the Samsung A53 to the 2.4GHz guest network to monitor the connectivity.

• Or If the Deco X20 V1.2/Deco X60 V2 was newly purchased and you don't want to wait for the new firmware, you could also replace it with another version with the retailer. Deco X20 V2/V3/V4 and Deco X60 V3/V4 are more recommended and will work well with Samsung A53.

Recommended Solution
Options
106 Reply
Re:New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping
2022-05-05 03:44:14

@EJvalo 

welcome to the community.

Can I have a link where you posted on the Samsung forum since I did not see any related beta firmware in the database or any similar description on the Samsung Forum?

--you could send the links via private message to me if the forum is not allowed to paste the link.

At the same time, could you please run a test:

1. enable the guest network with 5ghz only on the Deco APP.

2. change the security mode to be WPA2-AES.

3. If A53-5G is able to connect, please turn off the "Mesh Technology" on the Deco APP for A53

Wait for your reply.

Best regards

Options
Re:New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping
2022-05-06 00:59:50 - last edited 2022-05-06 01:02:02

@David-TP 

We bought two brand new Samsung A53s and with our X20s we have had all sorts of issues.

Initally thought it could be the phone but now starting to thinik the Deco doesn't play nice.

Using the X20s as access points with a Mikrotik router delivering the IP addresses.

Tried different settings on the phone but regards to the Deco what works for us is running a Guest Network and choosing 2.4 GHz. As soon as I choose 5 GHz and walked around I was falling off the WIFI. I think after 3 days now I believe it has something to do with how the Deco switches the device between 2.4 & 5 GHz.

Turned fast roaming and beam forwarding off.

Took the phones back to Samsung and they connected to 4 different networks perfectly fine.

As I am writing this I have switched to the guest network running 5 GHz and shall see what happens.

Attached is a photo of a ping sensor I setup. Without the guest network the phone just wouldn't stay connected.

Out of the box my wifes phone refused to connect asking for the correct password. I got "no internet" messages out of the box but turning WIFI on and off somehow got it to connect.

Re phones I have tried it all on that end - reset network settings, forgot the network and last resort I factory reset.

Options
2022-05-06 01:08:17
5 GHz on Guest mode brought out the same issues. "No internet connection", "Incorrect Password" & disconnecting
Options
2022-05-06 19:31:53

@David-TP 

We have exactly the same problem. Initially we thought it was a hardware problem and returned the a53 for another one: again the same problem.

We have the latest firmmware for the a53 and the Deco X60 (v2, v1.5.1)

I'm pretty sure that this is currently the case for every a53 in combination with the deco x60 (v2). I.e. this issue easy to reproduce.

The big question now is: is it a bug in the samsung or tp-link firmware?

@TP-link: could you analyse this. Thanks a lot in advance!

Options
2022-05-06 20:53:52

@EJvalo 

Exactly the same issue here (A53 5G with Deco X60). All my appliances seem to have no issues connecting (and staying connected) to the network. However, de A53....

Options
2022-05-06 23:42:01

@Hotspot-Larry 

So Guest Network - 2.4 GHz - Mesh (on or off for device) has given best results.

Am still disconnecting peroidcally but much better.

Seems like it is the 5 GHz network is the issue but can't explain the drops on the 2.4 still....

Options
2022-05-07 01:48:18

@Hotspot-Larry 

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I have forwarded your case to the senior engineers and please check whether you have got an email from us.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. I see you mentioned X20 is on AP mode, so do you turn off the WiFi on Mikrotik router?

2. Except for the fast roaming and beamforming, have you also turned off the "Mesh Technology" on A53 just like the picture attached in the post?

3. is there any chance that you could also run a ping sensor when only 5ghz is enabled on the guest network and connect the A53 to the 5ghz guest only?

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-07 01:57:45

@FlorisL 

Welcome to the community.

Could you please help me run the same test here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/548648?replyId=1095430

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-07 03:43:43 - last edited 2022-05-07 21:05:39
  1. Mikrotik doesn't have WIFI. I use it solely for DHCP purposes. Before you ask yes I have tried the Deco in Router mode with no change.
  2. I have tried turning off Mesh Technology and haven't turned it back on
  3. The ping sensor for 5 GHZ would just be similar to my first image.

EDIT: 12 hours from now I'll be back from visiting family who have a Deco M5. I'll see if I have luck with their setup.

Options
2022-05-07 21:00:31 - last edited 2022-05-07 21:01:26

@Hotspot-Larry 

From the past 3 days of testing I can tell you the following:

• Phones didn’t connect properly out of the box (no apps installed)
  • Phone - forgot network, reset network settings and even factory restore device
  • Online someone suggested turning Google Location Services off - has been off for all tests
  • Fast roaming and beam forming are off for all tests
  • Toggling mesh on/off for the device doesn’t have an effect
  • Created guest network
    • 2.4 and 5 GHz networks running - ISSUES - phone won’t stay connected as I move around the house
    • 5 GHz network only - ISSUES
    • 2.4 GHz - will stay connected. Does still drop off wifi but 90% it seems to stay connected fine.

At the same time we bought the A53 phones we bought a Samsung S8 tablet - connects perfectly fine.

Only difference here is A53 isn't WIFI 6 but the S8 is - would that matter?

Options