A universal web interface would be very useful

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-01 00:34:02

Only being able to control devices from a mobile phone, and only one running specific OSs with specific app stores, is a silly restriction that hampers the utility of the product. 

It would be far better if you escaped the jailbreak of mobile OS and app stores and extended the product with webapp that runs on a browser in any device (laptop, computer, other mobile OSs, etc.) -- that would also future proof the service.   I would definitely use it immediately (work PC, Kindle, etc.)!

Options
1 Reply
Re:A universal web interface would be very useful
2022-05-05 06:38:00

@Mike_SFO 

There are the most common operating systems supported by Kasa APP and here is a QA. 

Q1: What is the system and hardware requirement for Kasa app?

To manage smart plug on laptop,  I've found some uses an Andriod Emulator like Blues tack or Win11 to use apps on laptop directly, you may give that a try. 

Thank you for the improvement suggestion, I do not see this request a lot but I'd recommend to also share your idea on Feature Request board or leave your vote for Most Popular Feature Requests for Tapo,in this way users who are interested with this feature could vote or comment for it, that will help with the feature evaluation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 231

Replies: 1

Related Articles