Cannot access powerline adapters on wifi through Deco M9 in mesh AP mode after reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot access powerline adapters on wifi through Deco M9 in mesh AP mode after reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-01 21:25:45
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.6 build 20211018

I have a pair of M9`s that i use for wifi in my house running in AP mode through powerline adapters and a homemade router PC.

I recently had to reset the M9`s as one would not connect to the other and have them working again for wifi but i now cannot access the powerline adapters through the wifi. Everything was working fine before i reset the M9`s. Now the TP-link app and my PC (which runs on the Wifi) both say there are no devices present and I need to access my NAS drive which is on the powerline network. My internet connection is fine through the M9`s as the primary one is connected to the powerline network so the M9`s can access them but i cannot. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Cannot access powerline adapters on wifi through Deco M9 in mesh AP mode after reset
2022-05-03 08:22:14

@Sonoflal 

Welcome to the community.

Can I have a detailed picture of your network layout, such as how the powerline adapters are connected to M9 plus and where is the NAS?

Best regards.

Options
Re:Cannot access powerline adapters on wifi through Deco M9 in mesh AP mode after reset
2022-05-03 08:53:05

@David-TP 

I have my internet connection into my router PC and from there to my power line network with 3 adapters (an 8010 and x2 8030's) downstairs with my primary deco M9 taking it's internet feed from one of the 8030's. I have one 8033 upstairs running my Nas (western digital mycloud) with wifi turned off with my satellite M9 in the same room but not connected to the power line network. I have a poor connection speed between upstairs and downstairs so I don't use power line to connect the decos, wifi is much faster. 

Options
2022-05-05 08:06:40

@Sonoflal 

Thank you for your update.

Is your network layout like this:

(Deco M9 is still under Access Point mode.)

And is the PC wirelessly connected to the main ISP router or the Wi-Fi of Deco when it failed to access the NAS?

Or Actually, the PC could not access NAS no matter if it is connected to the main router to main Deco M9 plus?

By the way, are you able to ping the IP address of NAS on the PC?

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-05 11:41:34

@David-TP 

Yes my network is arranged like that. My PC connects to the deco WiFi. My router has no wifi. I have tried to access the IP of my Nas with my PC but I cannot connect to it. The TP-Link power line app doesn't find any adapters either on my PC or phone. All this used to work perfectly before. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 420

Replies: 4

Related Articles