RE305 works great ..but screws up my main ethernet connection between my router and PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE305 works great ..but screws up my main ethernet connection between my router and PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-04 10:00:29 - last edited 2022-05-04 23:02:34
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: ??

If i turn off my computer, which disconnects it from the router but still have the RE305 running, then turn on my computer, it cannot connect to the router, it keeps saying "no internet"  .... but if I disconnect the RE305 before turning on my computer, my computer can connect ok - instantly. i then have to connect my RE305, which also works ok.

it seems i need to connect in a certain order - Computer first - connects to router ok, then turn on / connect RE305

I think Windows 10 is getting confused with DNS ? IP address allocations ?? when the RE305 is run first ?? i'm not an expert here, just guessing.

My computer goes off every night while my RE305 stays on all the time.

++++++  SOLVED ..AGAIN  ++++++

I needed to setup the RE305 in APM (Access Point Mode). This seems to set a IP address that doesn't confuse W10. ??

One day i'll learn to read and not get into so much trouble .. LOL 

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE305 works great ..but screws up my main ethernet connection between my router and PC
2022-05-05 09:56:32

Hello @OldGreenKoala 

Glad to know you figured out the cause of problem, thank you very much for the sharing!

If you would like to connect range extender to the router through Ethernet cable, please set up RE in AP mode as guide below , which will transform the wired network to a wireless one: How to connect TP-Link Wi-fi Extender to Router with Ethernet Cable (Access Point Mode)

Usually the network typology is like this Router-<Ethernet>- RE (AP mode) ))((( PC/ Laptaop, and you could also wire PC to directly if router has multiple LAN ports. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 292

Replies: 1

Related Articles