RMA Faulty Kasa devices replaced with Tapo

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-08 08:18:22
Model: KP105  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I recently sent 2 of my Kasa smart plugs off for replacement  due to the plug not switching the power off to the connected device even when switched via the physical switch.

Having waited a week for a replacement I contacted the RMA team for an ETA, at this point I was advised that all the Kasa plugs are out of stock and they have no idea on when new stock will arrive.  At this point I was advised I would be sent the Tapo equivalent instead.

There has been no official announcement about the discontinuation of Kasa products and TP Link continue to tell customers that Kasa devices continue to be supported; this does not seem to be true as per my experience I am expected to accept a less functional equivalent in comparison to the former: 

Integration: cannot connect with TP-Link Deco or IFTTT.

Functionality: Less power reporting e.g average consumption over 7 and 30 days.

Connectivity:

-Kasa supports local execution whereas Tapo does not.

-Two apps are now required for existing Kasa and new Tapo devices

Please stop telling customers that these devices continue to be supported and provide some information to the future plans of Kasa Vs Tapo.

Options
2 Reply
Re:RMA Faulty Kasa devices replaced with Tapo
2022-05-08 09:11:37

@BenGinders 

You should reject this offer, as it is not an equivalent product, only acceptable offers are to repair/replace the original, or full refund

Options
Re:RMA Faulty Kasa devices replaced with Tapo
2022-05-16 06:18:35

@BenGinders 

The news we support get is that the Kasa product line will stay, we do not have any plan in the foreseeable future to discontinue the Kasa product line.
There are situations that specif model(s) is out of socket in the RMA warehouse, for any RMA concern, it is recommended to reach with our local support or RMA team directly so they could help with your case personally. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 553

Replies: 2